• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Socks!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
How are these for blister prevention?
I did not have many problems with them. I did have blisters last year but that was mainly a me issue. The second half of Camino I made a point of taking my shoes and socks off every couple of hours to allow my feet to cool down. The short breaks solved my blister issue.

I use these with the Injiji toe sock liners. This combo worked perfectly - not a single blister. I used to use Vaseline and paper tape on my feet every day (quite a process). No longer!
Agree! We did our camino frances and on to Finisterre last autumn. We either wore Injinjis or REI silk liners inside our darn toughs. My better half had one blister I had none. The two socks essentially prevent friction, and the darn toughs can present quite a statement.

Agree! We did our camino frances and on to Finisterre last autumn. We either wore Injinjis or REI silk liners inside our darn toughs. My better half had one blister I had none. The two socks essentially prevent friction, and the darn toughs can present quite a statement.
I’ve picked up injinjis for next year’s camino and am looking forward to testing them out in the spring.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have tried Darn Tough, Bombas, REI and Smart Wool socks. I have found the Smart Wool worked the best for me. Just one minor blister. I augmented that with wool from New Zealand, padding areas of concern such as around the heels and toes. It has natural lanolin which keeps things a bit smoother.

Darn Tough are spectacular: no blisters, lifetime warranty, large sizes for my size 14 feet! 😵‍💫. HOWEVER, realize they come in many different types based on cushioning, materials, and height up your leg. My first pair was waaay too heavy and now I choose the light or mid-weight ones.

Socks are on sale if you need them. I picked up this pair for my sister who may join me for Camino Ingles next year. I think the graphic is hilarious and appropriate for an old bird on Camino. I am having a ton of fun picking up little things for her! View attachment 137340
Darn Tough socks are my favorite. They are comfortable and keep my feet warm and toasty. Great return policy as well.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.