Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Soldon— shortening stages on the Invierno

Time of past OR future Camino
Ok Invierno-ites

Tom is doing great and we are now thinking we will try the Invierno. I am working on our stages to keep them short. In January, @DanOnTheCamino mentioned that he tried to book El Molina de Soldon but never got a response. Has anyone else made contact? I’m not sure of our exact days quite yet, but I thought I would check. E cause I think we would need to stay there.

Here is what I am tantatively thinking:
1. Ponferrada to Valdevieja 16.1 km
2. Valdevieja to Las Medulas 11.7 km ( and time for sightseeing)
3. Las Medulas to Puente Domingo Florez 10.1 km
4. Puente de DF to O Barco 21.7 km
5. O Barco to A Rua 14.1
6. A Rua to Soldon 19 km
7. Soldon to San Clodio 8.6
8. San Clodio to Salcedo 21.3
9. Salcedo to Monforte 18.8
10. Monforte to Torre Vilarino 16.1 ( I’m looking at @vnwalking’s tracks to stay on the tiger which would change the next stage….)
11. Vilarino to Diomondi, Taxi to Chantada and walk on to Vilaseco or maybe on to Penasillas 14.7km or 17 km walking
12. Vilaseco or Penasillas to Rodiero 21.1 or 23.4 km
13. Rodiero to Lalin 21.8 km
14. Lalin to Silleda 15.7 km
15. Silleda to Ponte Ulla 17.5 km
16. Ponte Ulla to Santiago 20.7 km

Thanks in advance for help!
L

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, @ebrant, what a good development! Fingers crossed that the stages will work and that Tom’s knee holds out.

The spelling for the first town with the albergue is Villavieja, just pointing it out to avoid confusion (not to be confused with Valdeviejas on the Francés).

Once again, WhatsApp to the rescue. I sent a WhatsApp message to the phone number listed for Soldón (34 679 45 51 26) and got a very quick response. I know some people don’t like WhatsApp but I can’t tell you how many times it has shown me its superiority over both phone calling and emailing! They said to text them via WhatsApp, but if you’re not comfortable using it, I’ll do it for you.

However you arrange the stretch after Diomondi and over the river, I would make a big effort to see the vineyards, the view from the Miño, maybe have a cold drink at the café bar at Belesar (if it’s open!). It is just gorgeous. A taxi from Diomondi to Chantada is not going to take you there. The taxi route will be the LU-933 over a different bridge avoiding Belesar altogether, though I guess you could ask for a detour.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back