• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Solo walk journal

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
I was supposed to be - right now - at the airport drawing (from the departure lounge) the aeroplane that would whisk me away towards Spain....136E3FA7-2C92-4E81-B77D-D160D2BD4A55.jpeg
If I ever get to use this journal I’ll have to change the dates!
161EC602-B187-4F5E-A7E9-87474DD2EE05.jpeg

70C6D5BF-5FB0-4254-9946-38C94E6BE675.jpeg
I had always said “God-willing”....
I think my kids are disappointed they do not get two months without mum;-) Instead, we’re awaiting the announcement about whether our lockdown is to be extended!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I was supposed to be - right now - at the airport drawing (from the departure lounge) the aeroplane that would whisk me away towards Spain....View attachment 73450
View attachment 73451

View attachment 73452
I think my kids are disappointed they do not get two months without mum;-) Instead, we’re awaiting the announcement about whether our lockdown is to be extended!
Nice! I am also a Rachel, a Mum and a pilgrim and a kiwi! snap!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I was supposed to be - right now - at the airport drawing (from the departure lounge) the aeroplane that would whisk me away towards Spain....View attachment 73450
View attachment 73451

View attachment 73452
You could profitably spend your time crocheting a Jacinda Ardern for the UK.

Please. 🇳🇿🇬🇧

We all feel sad.

I do wish we were going on about Sarria to Santiago hordes and bedbugs and rickety bunk beds versus all things CV.

Stay strong and healthy.

And; this too shall pass.

Buen camino.
Look at the bright side...with no pilgrims occupying the beds in the closed albergues, maybe the bedbugs will starve to death during the shutdown 😄.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Another Kiwi supposed to be starting camino de Lana tomorrow.. sitting at home doing Urban Sketchers course to hone skills for next year. Best wishes to the people of Spain who are obviously doing it much tougher than us here.

Another Kiwi supposed to be starting camino de Lana tomorrow.. sitting at home doing Urban Sketchers course to hone skills for next year. Best wishes to the people of Spain who are obviously doing it much tougher than us here.

ooh Bruce which course? That and more Spanish learning are two of my silver linings

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
ooh Bruce which course? That and more Spanish learning are two of my silver linings
Hi... thort I would try teaching myself to sketch in the afternoons enroute iso just taking photos. Then discovered Ian Fennelly sketch paintings and UrbanSletchCourse.com has a course by him. So just started that (USD249 can be paid in installments). Tried to get some Kiwi Pilgrims on Camino FB page interested in doing joint purchase of a Limited Edition Porto Cathedral print (at a discount) but no takers.

Attachments

• Porto Cathedral.JPG
    Porto Cathedral.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 8
Thank you for bringing that up - my first reaction (honestly) was "he's doing a course on comfortable footwear?"

Some amazing artworks out there - now where's my HB?

Thank you for bringing that up - my first reaction (honestly) was "he's doing a course on comfortable footwear?"

Some amazing artworks out there - now where's my HB?
Too funny.. would be useful for our lockdown urban caminos here. Doing a short walk with pack n whatsapp-ing with fellow pilgrims I was to be walking with today for a tea break !

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Too funny.. would be useful for our lockdown urban caminos here. Doing a short walk with pack n whatsapp-ing with fellow pilgrims I was to be walking with today for a tea break !
You're carrying a pack? Dammit man, you'll put us all to shame. I set out from SJPP on 23rd March and can just see the Turbinas Eólicas on top of the Sierra del Perdón ahead of me! I do have four turtle badges though

1587509215458.png

Found some HBs and dug out an old sketch book - the last entry being a sketch of what are known around here as Grottas - igloos built from oyster shells on the local beach and it's dated 2001!

I'll have to do my sketching from images on the computer screen though I do have a sketchbook published in 1915 showing our Canterbury. If you're interested PM me and I'll see how well they scan - some of the streets haven't changed in 100 years.

Thought of you
View attachment 73451

View attachment 73452
i thought of you on Monday. I had it in my diary to wish you Buen Camino. I know how excited you were to be doing your first solo trip. Was disappointed for you. I hope you still get to go, soon. X

@BethellsKiwi thank you - how kind of you to remember! No one is going to be going anywhere soon. In the meantime I’m living intentionally locally and pondering what long term changes I might make to my life. The disappointment has passed.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.