Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Some advice re the Camino Invierno

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you. I read that, but it didn't appear to be referring to an albergue that was likely to be opening anytime soon.
I have noticed your comment that your walk from Ponferrada to Las Medulas was 23 km. The guide says that it is 27.2 km. With all the uphill, that looked like a long day to me, particularly as there is so much to see in Las Medulas. However, by the time that I start the Invierno, I shall have walked from Madrid, and will hopefully be in decent shape. Did you find the distance comfortable and the time in the town adequate? I appreciate any information that I can get about the Invierno
Hi Alberta girl
Yes it would have been 27 but we took one look at the castle...and missed it out!
And it was very hot also
Next time maybe
I might do a Live from the Invierno later
Will see
The heat is murder today ...over 30 degrees
Hotter at 35 tomorrow but a short day
I don't want to kill the old boy quite yet so need to be sensible
Laurie is a day behind us so I've asked if she could get the tel no for you
Am sure that Chirrito will be on the case anyway
All the best
Annette

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have learned that an Albergue will soon open in As/Las Médulas. I have some info but will try to get more today. Supposedly very pretty, with garden, right in center.

... With garden? Is it the chatty guy from Catalonia? I had a sandwich in his garden on my first Camino de Invierno in 2015. He then told me that he wanted to open an albergue in the future. Fun! It is just that the garden comes with a lot of free going animals. I was surrounded by geese, peacocks and whatnot when I was there 😆!

... With garden? Is it the chatty guy from Catalonia? I had a sandwich in his garden on my first Camino de Invierno in 2015. He then told me that he wanted to open an albergue in the future. Fun! It is just that the garden comes with a lot of free going animals. I was surrounded by geese, peacocks and whatnot when I was there 😆!

Not what I saw.
Just a building a bit set back from the road with a big albergue sign and some land around it. I had the impression from someone that it was owned by the B&B folks who have many places in the village - and think it's listed in the German guide for 25€. Someone who reads German should check this...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Not what I saw.
Just a building a bit set back from the road with a big albergue sign and some land around it. I had the impression from someone that it was owned by the B&B folks who have many places in the village - and think it's listed in the German guide for 25€. Someone who reads German should check this...
I think the B&B folks you are referring to is Agoga? They do not own this albergue. I know one of the people is named Adela. I think all will be revealed soon bc it looks to me like it’s ready to open.

I think the B&B folks you are referring to is Agoga? They do not own this albergue. I know one of the people is named Adela. I think all will be revealed soon bc it looks to me like it’s ready to open.
Yes, and that's good news! It looked nice inside.
Well..the Invierno may really be on the verge of a big increase in numbers. There were more pilgrims than I expected - still not a lot by any means, but more days than not I saw someone, or several someones.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back