• For 2024 Pilgrims: ā‚¬50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Some Ideas For Scoring Used Gear and Clothing

• Thread starter Deleted member 67185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67185

In light of a discussion in another thread, I have grabbed some ideas from various sources on where to look for used gear and clothing for Camino.

Note: I do not know how many of these suggestions are accessible internationally. . . if they are, that's great; if not, then perhaps someone else can post links to other sites.

The main purpose for the post was not to be a specific resource site, but as a take-off point for beginners to think outside of the box for alternatives for more budget-friendly options.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

ā‚¬46,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ex Army Stores.
Not many proper ones left now in the U.K.
There used to be a good one in Biarritz, probably not there now though after 30+ years, I believe I bought my first pair of French Ranger boots there.
Also carboot sales in the U.K. last year I bought a pair of new Meindl boots for Ā£5

ā‚¬2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
One of my local hiking- / mountaineering-stores do sell used gear for his customers.
They check it, clean it and sell it. And take a fee of 10% of the price.

A reasonable source of good-quality gear. I bought my ultra-light rainjacket there and spent only 40% of the market-price for a almost new item.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I know this place is technically not within your description, but I have gotten such amazing deals here that I think it is something to consider. Like closeout Leki poles at 70% off, Ortlieb bike panniers for some ridiculous price I canā€™t even remember.

They used to be called Sierra Trading Post, but for some reason have changed their name to Sierra. I have a friend who was once at their brick and mortar store and said it was gear and clothing nirvana.

I know this place is technically not within your description, but I have gotten such amazing deals here that I think it is something to consider. Like closeout Leki poles at 70% off, Ortlieb bike panniers for some ridiculous price I canā€™t even remember.

They used to be called Sierra Trading Post, but for some reason have changed their name to Sierra. I have a friend who was once at their brick and mortar store and said it was gear and clothing nirvana.

I heard (not sure if it is true) that Sierra TP were bought out by some big corporation in Boston, so maybe that's why the name change?? Makes me sad when 'original' stores are gobbled up by Big Business. They're never the same after that. Even that deeelish gelato, Talenti, was bought out by Unilever several years ago, and to save money they changed recipes and decreased the quality of ingredients--once you've tasted the original, the second gen just doesn't live up....

Even that deeelish gelato, Talenti, was bought out by Unilever several years ago, and to save money they changed recipes and decreased the quality of ingredients--once you've tasted the original, the second gen just doesn't live up....

Don't even get me started on the mess they made of Twinkies when Hostess was purchased by a different corporation. :mad::rolleyes:

Hey, y'all stop judging me. . :p

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Don't even get me started on the mess they made of Twinkies when Hostess was purchased by a different corporation. :mad::rolleyes:

Hey, y'all stop judging me. . :p
Reminds me of 3 years I spent traveling around the country with an old time gospel tent ministry in the mid 1970's. There were seventy of us in the group and much of the food for our meals was donated by local churches. We were known to dumpster dive a few times, too. Anyway, in a particular city we were given opportunity to take all the outdated Twinkies (do they really ever go bad?) we could pack in the trunk of a big car. We were all thrilled for such great treats at the time...I've never had, nor wanted one since.šŸ˜²

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). Iā€™m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

ā“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.