• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Some points on the CM.

Caminando

Veteran Member
CMac has posted great up to date info which I can only confirm.

In Manzanares go to the Casa del Paroccia Cura off the main Plaza for the key of the ermita. See my earlier post for snags.

Cercedilla -there are two albergues juvenil.

At the top of the pass of FuenFria pause a moment at the plaque honouring the founder of this fantastic way.

Segovia....if you arrive here deeply tired to the bone like me, you can take bus #8 from the aqueduct to Zamarramala, 3 kms away. No electricity or water. See this ermita soon as they are talking of an albergue to replace it. Its really nice. Essence of camino. Please say hello to Cori, the hospitalera. Zamarramala means something like "Looking on the Fields of God" from the time of the Moors here. Some Spanish historians say that the expulsion of the Moors from Spain was a catastrophe for the country, as it ended an era of learning and tolerance.

Coca... Alb next to Casa Cultura.

Villeguillo - be invited to a fiesta here.

Alcazaren - Plaza el Ruido. New.

Puente de Duero....from here a 1 euro bus ride to see Valladolid. Have a feast with other pilgs al fresco.

Wamba - only place I found which was not overly helpful.

Peñaflor...Alb plaza mayor, 1. 1 floor up, 2 beds in toilet. You could say its en suite.

Medina de Rioseca - fantastic standard of alb.

Canal route very nice but watch those mosquitos, which are highly evolved to succeed.

This route is my most enjoyable since my first CF a long time ago. This, for me, is the spirit of camino. I am only afraid it becomes the pilgrim autoroute of the CF. The people here are wonderful, open, helpful and friendly but never naive. Thanks to them we have this camino. They are indeed the producers of all wealth and culture, which we are lucky to enjoy.

Thanks to Laurie, Alipilg, CMac and the Amigos de Santiago in Spain, and to Javier for his enthusiasm for this wonderful way.

I want to return here when I can....

Like a parachutist, I was floating here with little thought of time, but now the ground is suddenly rushing to meet me. One days walk left. Then to France to pay back some of the kindness given to me, in the manner in which I have received it.

Finally, never try to heat a pizza in the alb microwave. It sucks. But you knew that.

As dodgy Arnie says, "I'll be back". Buen camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back