• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Some questions

GOB

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese from Viana do Costello sept 2019
Planning to walk from Vianna do Costello in September. Have lurked on this forum hoovering up information for a couple of months now. I intend to take the coastal route and possibly the spiritual variant.
Have a couple of questions to ask.

Anyone know if there are any festivals etc taking place along this route in sept I don’t intend booking ahead so want to make sure that the local accommodations aren’t full up.

Do the cafes and bars along the route all have toilets/bathrooms while I realise at some point I will probably have to hang my rear out in the breeze It’s not something I want to do regularly.😳

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi, and welcome!

Do the cafes and bars along the route all have toilets/bathrooms

If a licensed establishment provides food and drink they are required by law to have toilet facilities on hand.

Thanks for the reply Had guessed as much but wanted to be sure.

Sean

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks for the. Reply and info looks like it’s relatively clear

Sean

If you are going on the Portuguese and are seeing it as a pilgrimage, and/or simply interested in experiencing local festivals, you might want to plan so as to take a side trip for Semana Santa in Braga. It would probably be necessary to book ahead as Portuguese come to Braga for this. There are many albergues/small hotels in the center city. Be sure to be there for the procession the evening of Maundy Thursday and stay through Sunday. Bom Jesus is another pilgrimage site just to the north of Braga; some pilgrims climb those steps on their knees, but there is also a funicular.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I did the coastal route last year in May and never had to hang my bum out once. Lack of toilets not an issue on this Camino.

I did the coastal route last year in May and never had to hang my bum out once. Lack of toilets not an issue on this Camino.
Hey, Ed, may I ask in your time on the Portugues Costal where did you get your water bottle topped off? That is, were there fountains placed along the way or did you stop at bars to ask for tap water or ??? And grocery stores--were there supermarkets or shops handy to buy the day's grub? Thanks.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi We are on the Camino and wanted to warn our fellow travellers to stay away from O MUINO camping/ bungalow Park. They have signs on the road from Mougas saying pilgrim breakfast available...
I seem to recall reading somewhere that some of the Hotels or Pensions may have pilgrim rates that are lower than what you see on booking.com? If this is true how common is this and do you...
Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hello fellow Pilgrims☺️ I am planning to do the my first Caminho ( Portugese coastal route) in September. I have been reading in various posts that you can ask for a pilgrim’s discount for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back