• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Some thoughs from Santiago

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

It has been a while since I have posted a message, this does not mean that I am not reading posts, just that I do not have much time these days to sit down and write. I have actually been working 12 hour days for about a year now.... and I think my body is telling me to slow down... so that is what I am doing... will go for a walk with the dog after writing this post. :)

So we are getting closer to July 25th!

This Saturday night, there will be fireworks on the plaza de Obradoiro to celebrate St. James day on Sunday. Already there the streets are filled with people arriving for the celebrations. Not too many pilgrims though. 800-something yesterday at the pilgrims office, less than half of what we had per day a few weeks ago. The people in the street today are tourists, and not pilgrims.

Actually, at the Travel Center, we are having more problems booking rooms in September than in July! I think pilgrims have figured out that July is not the month to enter Santiago, and have put off their trip... and now "everyone" comes at once in September.

Xacobeo is setting up temporary albergues for the crowds in July and August, I have been working on a post with more details on this over here today (will post it tomorrow):
http://www.xacobeo.es/en/perfil/ivar
It contains details on "where", "how many extra beds" and contact information if you want to call ahead and so on.

Other than that, will be meeting JohnnieWalker on Sunday... he has invited me for lunch! Looking forward to that... and some Norwegian friends that are coming down as well.

Buen Camino everyone!

Greetings from Santiago de Compostela,
Ivar

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...
Mods: please move this thread to wherever it belongs and/or give me links to threads about this. Thanks! I will be in Santiago on Apr. 28-30. Usually I have stayed at zthe Last Stamp, but they...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back