• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

some unfinished business maybe a return

yorkshirepilgrim

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances september-october 2015
Hello all
I completed my camino in 2015 (SJPD-SDC) ..
But on the day i arrived in SDC (october 2015) there was some sort of race,marathon or whatever going on, and because of this i did not get to enter the cathedral and pay my respects to St James.
So moving on ,just lately its been bothering me and i feel i have unfinished business as a big part of me doing the camino was to call in and say hello to St James....
so in January 2017 thanks to low cost flights (my life is one low budget) im visiting family in Valencia and have found there is again very low cost flights from Valencia to Santiago and this would give me an opportunity to go say hi pay my respects and give thanks to St James and fly back the next day.
Now waffling finished my main question..would i still be able to stay in an albergue without getting a new pilgrim passport .........
thanks for looking
Allan

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am not an expert on these type of legalities and I enjoy being corrected when my responses are improved by experts. On with my simple response, Allan, I think all pilgrims may use an albergue in the year they are a pilgrim without the ability to carry one year's pilgrimage into the next or later years. In this instance you would be going to Santiago not as a pilgrim who has walked, but one who is interested in St. James. There is a difference there. Do others agree with this response?

Allan, I understand living on a budget - most of us are in that boat. I expect that you will have the time to contact a few people on the forum for information on affordable alternatives that will nicely fit within your budget and make your experience in Santiago de Compostela an enjoyable, peaceful return.

It is interesting how there are those things that continue to call us back SdC. I don't believe they are by accident and I look forward to hearing about your return. Best regards and with joy,

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
thanks for the quick replys...
have just discovered those internet hotel acommodation booking sites..plenty of low budget rooms available so fingers crossed i should be able to complete things

We booked our stay last June through Booking.com and enjoyed wonderful accommodation. For fun I just checked 3 nights starting Jan9, price filter at $0 - $50US. Selected map view to find a place close to the Cathedral. There were 34 hits, every one looked just fine. I too look forward to seeing a post from you once you return. Your Camino Ain't Over Till Its Over! (sometimes it is never done, right folks??)

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
a quick update,
decided instead of flying from my familys location (valencia) to Santiago,,im going to fly to Lisbon and walk the rest of the way on the Camino Portuguese. when im not sure but will be sometime mid January and i will be going the coastal route ,
Will keep you all posted

Merry Christmas Everyone.
Allan

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.