Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Somewhere to stay and start in Irun?

elzi

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where the albergue is in Irun (is it anywhere near the train station she asks hopefully?) also where would be a good place to pick up the camino and er, start walking?

Am having a complete crisis now as my friend has pulled out and she was the one who very vaguely spoke Spanish! I hope I can manage on my own!!! :?

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

Dave

Year of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 2002; most recent: Norte/Primitivo 2019
The yellow arrows actually run right along the train station. I remember getting off my bus from Barcelona, wondering how I was going to find my way to the albergue, and then laughing spontaneously when a yellow arrow was staring at me the moment I stepped outside!

Head out of the station walking towards the town center. Look along the station's wall and on the sidewalk and you should find the arrows. They'll lead you to the pilgrim's albergue and then on out of town.

If everything goes wrong, or you just want to get settled and have one less thing to worry about, you could always wave down a taxi from the train station. Provided you can find the arrows, though, it's a quick and easy walk to the albergue.

elzi

Hi, That's brilliant thanks! So as long as I spot some arrows I should be sorted, very reassuring! :)

Javier Martin

Veteran Member
elzi said:
Hello,

Can anyone tell me where the albergue is in Irun (is it anywhere near the train station she asks hopefully?)

As you leave the train station, turn right, after crossing the gate over the river turn right again, and on the next one turn left. Not far, just 300 m.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

evanlow

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Frances06
Primitivo07
Plata08
Norte12
Levante(14-15)
Vasco16
Mozarabe(16-17)
Madrid17
Portuguese18
Yes. As Irun is the starting point for the Camino del Norte and the tunnel route, etc. the albergue has guide books and credentials available.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads