• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Somewhere to stay and start in Irun?

elzi

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where the albergue is in Irun (is it anywhere near the train station she asks hopefully?) also where would be a good place to pick up the camino and er, start walking?

Am having a complete crisis now as my friend has pulled out and she was the one who very vaguely spoke Spanish! I hope I can manage on my own!!! :?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The yellow arrows actually run right along the train station. I remember getting off my bus from Barcelona, wondering how I was going to find my way to the albergue, and then laughing spontaneously when a yellow arrow was staring at me the moment I stepped outside!

Head out of the station walking towards the town center. Look along the station's wall and on the sidewalk and you should find the arrows. They'll lead you to the pilgrim's albergue and then on out of town.

If everything goes wrong, or you just want to get settled and have one less thing to worry about, you could always wave down a taxi from the train station. Provided you can find the arrows, though, it's a quick and easy walk to the albergue.

Hi, That's brilliant thanks! So as long as I spot some arrows I should be sorted, very reassuring! :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
elzi said:
Hello,

Can anyone tell me where the albergue is in Irun (is it anywhere near the train station she asks hopefully?)

As you leave the train station, turn right, after crossing the gate over the river turn right again, and on the next one turn left. Not far, just 300 m.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Yes. As Irun is the starting point for the Camino del Norte and the tunnel route, etc. the albergue has guide books and credentials available.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.