• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sorry

Blade

Time of past OR future Camino
Levante 2017
I've been following various threads since I joined in July and was really looking forward to my first Camino (the Levante) in January. I've got my credentials, guidebook and everything. It would have been part of a longer walk I'm doing but would have added a further spiritual dimension. I came back from a few days walking in the hills of the Costa Blanca last week and I've reluctantly decided to follow the mountains up the eastern side of Spain and then walk up the Ebro valley and over the tops to the French Atlantic coast instead of the Levante. I've done a few long distance walks where I don't see anybody and I love the loneliness of the mountains particularly. I can't envisage walking a way that gets busier. I'm sorry. Good luck all and I'm sorry. Feel upset writing about it but I can't.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It is the pilgrim that makes the way, not the other way round ;-) You are just off to your own unique life pilgrimage - no need to feel sorry and keep us updated how it goes for you. Buen Camino! SY

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
It sounds like a wonderful journey, what I envisioned the Camino Francés to be when I first heard of it 15 years ago. All the very best to you. Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Enjoy your way Pilgrim Blade....You must walk the way which feels right for you..Ultreya.

I've been following various threads since I joined in July and was really looking forward to my first Camino (the Levante) in January. I've got my credentials, guidebook and everything. It would have been part of a longer walk I'm doing but would have added a further spiritual dimension. I came back from a few days walking in the hills of the Costa Blanca last week and I've reluctantly decided to follow the mountains up the eastern side of Spain and then walk up the Ebro valley and over the tops to the French Atlantic coast instead of the Levante. I've done a few long distance walks where I don't see anybody and I love the loneliness of the mountains particularly. I can't envisage walking a way that gets busier. I'm sorry. Good luck all and I'm sorry. Feel upset writing about it but I can't.

I am just back from the via Tolosana and the Aragones.

I completed the Levante a few years back... we were very few on the journey and I met several who gave up en route. The highlights were Toledo and Avila. I cannot say the landscapes enthralled me. It was often confusing, arid and unmemorable. (I know others may not agree...)

I have much preferred my journey this summer with the highlight being veering off track after Jaca and heading up to the Monastery of San Juan de la Pena - fabulous views back over the Spanish side of the Pyrenees. Amazing sculptures in the monastery which made up for the church at Eunate being closed all day on Mondays!

The section between Montpelier and Toulouse over the passes was equally demanding, gorgeous and solitary. 25% fewer pilgrims this year after 25% fewer pilgrims last year.... I covered my approx 1,000 kms in 28 days.

The real fun started when I headed 'backwards' from Puenta la Reina to Pamplona and faced the hordes of day trippers, backpack-less easy walkers and bona fide peregrinos many of whom pointed me in the 'right' direction!

I completed the Levante a few years back... we were very few on the journey and I met several who gave up en route. The highlights were Toledo and Avila. I cannot say the landscapes enthralled me. It was often confusing, arid and unmemorable. (I know others may not agree...)

I completely agree.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back