• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

South African Companies offering guided Caminotours?

Johan

Worcester, South Africa
Time of past OR future Camino
May 2013 : Leon to Santiago
May 2015 : Portugal
Good day,

I have friends looking for South African Companies offering guided Camino tours. Are there any?

Thank you,
Johan

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello Johan, amaWalkers Camino was formed 5 years ago to take small groups of pilgrims on 22-day walks on the Camino Frances. We don't organise independent walks but there are many companies in Spain that will do that for your friends. Contact me and I'll give you a few names and email addresses.

Hallo Johan, no need to go with an guided, organised tour. It will cost you an arm and a leg, you can do it much cheaper when you make your own arrangements. Use a travel agent to book your flights, they can also help you with advise how to get from the airport to your starting point (train or bus).

Once you are on the trail, you can make your own bookings for accommodation. You can also use booking.com. I did the Le Puy en Velay route in France in Sept last year and had no problem with accommodation.

I agree with Elsabe - If you are looking to do a solo walk you can easily book most of your places online and it will be cheaper.
The majority of people who have joined amaWalkers are those who don't have 5 or 6 weeks to do the Camino and who don't want to walk alone. Some prefer to be with a small group of likeminded people where they walk on their own during the day but come together at night and share meals and stories.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.