• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

South African flying out on 24th April 2014 to start at SJPdP on 26th April

Monya

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés (April 2014)
Merry Christmas everyone!

I am flying out of Cape Town via Paris to Bordeaux on the evening of the 24th of April 2014, and would be grateful for company en route to St Jean Pied de Port, should anyone be heading that way.

Monya

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Monya,

I'll be flying out the evening of the 24th as well from Cape Town. I'm planning however to spend the day in Paris sightseeing, then taking the train to Bayonne and on to SJPP, arriving the 26th. Planning to start walking the 27th.

Feel free to shout if you require assistance of some sort.

Regards,

CK007.

Dear Monya and CK007

Please share more of your travelling plans. We are departing end Aug en we still not sure of the best route to SJPP.

Kind regards
Wilma

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Wilma,

There is quite a few options available. Firstly are you flying into France or Spain?

Iro France the 2 easiest routes is either flying into Paris and catching a train to Bayonne followed by another to SJPP or flying into Paris, catching a connecting flight to Biarritz and from there taking either a taxi, bus or shuttle to Bayonne and then the train to SJPP. Note however that with the second option the connecting flight from Paris is not from the same airport (Charles de Gaulle) but instead from the Paris Orly airport.

Iro Spain the options is more varied. I have not researched those as much but the most common seems to be flying into Madrid, making your way to Roncesvalles and taking a taxi to SJPP (timewise I think all the Spanish options take longer).

Have a look at the website of the Confraternity of St. James of South Africa. Under the FAQ section there is a very helpful detailed description of how one can get to the starting point from both France and Spain via various routes.

Feel free to message me if you've got any further questions. Best of luck in your preparations!

Thank you kindly!

You have opened a few more doors, so I will carry on researching!

Kind Regards
Wilma

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.