• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spain at 22.00 (10pm) last night...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
..applauding from their balconies the work of doctors and nurses and the work that they are doing to combat this corona virus. All organised on social networks, people went to their windows and balconies and all clapped at the same time. All over Spain. Amazing!

Yes, a lovely idea, following Italy’s choral solidarity. Very simple, very effective. A friend cut short our skype call yesterday as it was time to go on on the balcony...

..applauding from their balconies the work of doctors and nurses and the work that they are doing to combat this corona virus. All organised on social networks, people went to their windows and balconies and all clapped at the same time. All over Spain. Amazing!

where i live in Madrid too, last night and tonight - amazing and a much needed sense of oneness, community and gratitude.
kind of like the Camino

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Humbling. In Australia we fight over toilet paper.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Awesome Ivar!!!!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It’s so cool that in Spain people live mostly in close proximity of buildings and pisos. They can open their balcony door and interact!!
in America we live in seclusion and it makes it harder to all interact!! In any event we are praying for safety and success of all workers and efforts to solve the crisis.
I’m in chemo this year so my next Camino is out off until 2021. Yikes! That’s holy year. What will I do??????
To be continued...........

The very second I clicked this posting, I was in tears! Asombro! O Espana! You constantly astonis us! At the very core of what I sense that we, pilgrims new and many-Way-ed, love and will love about you is this. This! Many of us do recall that Spain loves a hearty, night audible celebration (!!!) yet this singular expression of solidarity and respect for every medical worker committed to a healthy and virus-free Spain is quite magnificent.

Thank you Ivar. Hoping you and your dear ones remain safe and well through this difficult time. I look forward to returning to my beloved Spain and Camino when the time is right and safe to do so. Thoughts and prayer for you and all our fellow pilgrims who have travelled the way and also a special thought and prayer for those who had to cancel, reschedule or return home early. This forum is so special for all of us. It is a very alarming time but lets follow Spain's example and keep our spirits uplifted and we will get through this. Huge love and respect for all the medics, nurses and doctors everywhere at this critical time.
Regarding the virus, this too shall pass!
James P

This is why I keep returning to Spain. The people express their feelings and this particular expression is inspiring.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Thank you Ivar for sharing this. It is an uplifting video to wake up to in these uncertain times. Stay safe everyone.

Thank you for sharing. I have family in Spain in Cartagena, Malaga, y Sanlucar de Barrameda.

Humbling. In Australia we fight over toilet paper.
Indeed. Thank you, Ivar!

My thoughts go out to those of my fellow Norwegians now, who, for the next 10 years, will have to eat canned junkfood for dinner, and sit in their bathrooms wiping their a..es... Think I'm going out to buy some eggs etc. and make me a fresh tortilla now...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Indeed. Thank you, Ivar!

My thoughts go out to those of my fellow Norwegians now, who, for the next 10 years, will have to eat canned junkfood for dinner, and sit in their bathrooms wiping their a..es... Think I'm going out to buy some eggs etc. and make me a fresh tortilla now...
I'm home in self-quarantine and I found this post hilarious. I hope that my food choices are more successful.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

We changed ours to 8 p.m. so that young children could take part before going to bed. Some played musical instruments, some sang Karaoke (¡Resisteré! - by Dúo Dinamico), whistled and shouted support. It's quiet amazing to see such show of solidarity at this time, we are going to need it more and more in the coming months)

€46,-
God, I love Spain!

too wonderful. Splendid country España x x

yes...it's heart breaking and heart warming at the same time...to see humanity's need to be connected revealed, when prevented in such times...and the creativity to still make it happen ..brought out tears and laughter at the same time. Love Spain (am biased..my family lives there) ... love the Spanish humour ... just as much! can't upload the video unfortunately but one is circulating already, made with great Spanish humour ...that the hourly balcony 'program' for lack of a better word...is already demanding)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for sharing Ivar in the darkest times i am reminded why i love Spain and the Camino . I watched this and cried.
It reminds me of the v best in human nature my best wishes to all pilgrims wherever you are be safe and may we all have the chance to wish each other Buen camino

This is incredible, thank you Ivar and stay safe. Thinking of you all.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Amazing! Wonderful, wonderful Spain 👏😊

Look a little deeper - I am sure that there are random acts of kindness happening quietly all over your country as in ours (Canada). There is basic goodness in all of us, for just such times as this.
Depth of perception is not absent, I think. There is a mixture of responses to the situation here and you need not look to far to see the kindest. Nor the more egregious ones that are increasingly shameful. I thought the Spanish community applause was wonderful, and it's too bad the footage has not been communicated more widely throughout the world.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

€46,-
I am fine.. I have seen a spike in forum donations over the last few days (Thank you thank you!), this compensates a little for the tanking store sales... but there are so many other people in Spain that is/will suffer from this so I am not complaining.
Hi Ivar, how do I donate? I would like to help. I've been here for over 18 months, so it's about time I chipped in.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks for posting this Ivar. It brought some cheer (and a few tears) to a cold and gloomy day of "sheltering at home" here in Chicago. Our hearts go out to all those who are caring for the sick and those working, despite the risk of infection, to keep our societies going.
This forum is a great source of encouragement, reminiscence and hopefulness. Thank you!

The same thing is happening every evening at eight all over Sweden, even though we are not in quarantine yet. It’s so heartwarming for all of all of us who works really hard at the hospitals right now. More than half of the staff where I work is home and the rest of us are exhausted.
My 2nd Camino (San Salvador+ Primitivo) in April/May this year has been cancelled, but I am grateful that I wasn’t already on the road when the chaos started. I pray that we will se a turnaround soon and that we then can all come together and help each other to recover.

Just Fantastic! God Speed To All Of Spain🙏

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am fine.. I have seen a spike in forum donations over the last few days (Thank you thank you!), this compensates a little for the tanking store sales... but there are so many other people in Spain that is/will suffer from this so I am not complaining.
Do you have an online store?

Hola Ivar - if we cant walk maybe we should buy a few "imaginary" mementos??

€46,-

Gracias Ivar,nice to see the solidarity from my home town,Madrid.
In Dublin,things are no great at the moment,but in this we are all together.

awesome and thanks so much for sharing..makes me proud to be a nurse :)

7pm in Vancouver BC. I live in the WestEnd and last night everyone came out onto their balconies and started cheering. We are only a few days behind.

Yes, a lovely idea, following Italy’s choral solidarity. Very simple, very effective. A friend cut short our skype call yesterday as it was time to go on on the balcony...
We have had people here in Guatemala trumpeting the national anthem off their balconies. Very moving. We are very, very lucky with only 20 cases and an excellent proactive president who also happens to be a doctor. Stay safe everyone

Some Karl , maybe .00001%
Same people who never donated to the bushfire relief .
We go ok mate
It seems my comment was perceived as too broadly-applied, and has obscured my intention, which was to point-out a sad irony. The actual numbers are not quantifiable so with respect maybe asserting a percentage or demographic is surmise, but I observed 'supermarket rage' myself, and I doubt that was a singular occurrence.

However, would it be better if I re-stated it as 'A number of us fight over toilet paper'?

And it is gratifying to see that the communal applause has indeed reached a global audience via the media.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hola, I was really hoping to walk the Camino again this coming summer but despite all my hopes and planning I am in need of a hip replacement instead, yea! I walked the Frances in 2017 and have...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.