• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spain Coast to Coast

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese from Lisbon Apr 29, 2023
I have been planning a coast to coast wolk from Barcelona to Finisterre. I plan to avoid most of the camino Francis. So far I have planned Camino Barcelona, CAMINO CATALAN SAN JUAN DE LA PENA, then to Pamplona. I am trying to figure out a route to get from Pamplona to the Camino Olvidado. I believe there is a route called the Camino Viejo which connects. i’m just looking for anyone with information. Fr Scott

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The Viejo is likely what you want but I know of another route to Irun on the Norte (though I have not walked it).

From Pamplona walk the Camino Baztan in reverse for two Gronze stages to Berroeta. From there you go off camino following the highway N-121a north for about 7 kilometers to Oiregi where the Via Verde del Bidasoa starts on its 44 km way to Irun, about a marathon distance away.

Via Verdes are old railways converted to walking and cycling routes, what we in the US call rail trails. So it should be easy walking. And it is downhill to Irun. Also, if you use Google Maps to plot a walk from Berroeta to Oiregi you see it plots a way following the highway but not on it. It uses smaller parallel roads.

For more information on the Via Verde del Bidasoa visit this webpage in some browser like Chrome that will translate Spanish.

I believe there is a route called the Camino Viejo which connects. i’m just
Yes, there is. That was this link I posted elsewhere, in case you missed it.
1) From Pamplona to Salvatierra/Agurain. For (updated) info about the route: http://elreynodelospalabros.blogspot.com/2015/04/de-pamplona-al-enlace-con-el-camino.html (stage 1), http://elreynodelospalabros.blogspot.com/2015/05/tramo-2-enlace-de-pamplona-al-camino.html (stage 2) and http://elreynodelospalabros.blogspot.com/2015/05/tramo-alaves-1-de-ziordia-salvatierra.html (stage 3)

2) From Salvatierra/Agurain to Miranda de Ebro following the Vía de Bayona (aka the variant of the Camino Vasco del Interior that heads to Burgos). Three stages:

3) From Miranda de Ebro to Villanueva de la Nía following the GR-99 (Caminka didn't follow it all the time but to follow it all the time is an option). The GR-99 is also known as Camino Natural del Ebro. Detailed info about it can be found at www.caminosnaturales.com/ebro (look for stages 3 to 11 on the left menu for detailed info about each one of them). BTW, this leg is one of the most beautifuls of all caminos.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The Viejo is likely what you want but I know of another route to Irun on the Norte (though I have not walked it).

From Pamplona walk the Camino Baztan in reverse for two Gronze stages to Berroeta. From there you go off camino following the highway N-121a north for about 7 kilometers to Oiregi where the Via Verde del Bidasoa starts on its 44 km way to Irun, about a marathon distance away.

Via Verdes are old railways converted to walking and cycling routes, what we in the US call rail trails. So it should be easy walking. And it is downhill to Irun. Also, if you use Google Maps to plot a walk from Berroeta to Oiregi you see it plots a way following the highway but not on it. It uses smaller parallel roads.

For more information on the Via Verde del Bidasoa visit this webpage in some browser like Chrome that will translate Spanish.
This is the kind of circumstance that leads me to appreciate the forum more and more! Makes me happy to see people reaching out to each other and finding help.😍

I am looking forward to the Camino but I certainly would like to walk some different ones with people that know the route, because I think being a woman alone would be vulnerable

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back