• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Spain health website

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Momwiz

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese 2019
The SPTh website is making me bonkers again! I filled out the first part of my form to enter Spain in September about six weeks ago and got an immediate response with a code that I have to use to complete the form. However, there were no trips listed when I went to the website this morning and there was no way I could login using my email address which kept coming up invalid. I tried resetting my password and that didn’t work either but when I went back after filling out a second form both my old form and new forms were there! I didn’t get another email response with a new code after that second form, however. Will I not be able to put in my Covid information until 72 hours before I leave? Any suggestions about how to use the website better? Thanks!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi @Momwiz
Yes - Australians and NZ’ s; as well as non-EU countries still have to complete the SpHlth no more than 72 hrs before to receive the confirmation .

Bottom line - it’s an easy app; and no Pcr test required. Just patience to wait until it’s closer to departure. I understand fully how you feel. Just wanting to get everything done ✅ and ticked off.

Maybe it will disappear from requirements to travel to spain in due course - but for the moment .. it’s there and it doesn’t cost anything. 😃

Buen camino.

Is an Antigen test still required? Or, for now anyway, Is it just filling out the information in the SPTh app and getting a QR code?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The SPTh website is making me bonkers again! I filled out the first part of my form to enter Spain in September about six weeks ago and got an immediate response with a code that I have to use to complete the form. However, there were no trips listed when I went to the website this morning and there was no way I could login using my email address which kept coming up invalid. I tried resetting my password and that didn’t work either but when I went back after filling out a second form both my old form and new forms were there! I didn’t get another email response with a new code after that second form, however. Will I not be able to put in my Covid information until 72 hours before I leave? Any suggestions about how to use the website better? Thanks!
I have used it twice and, although it is another thing to do, it is their system. I personally would wait until the 72 hours, start over and put all the info required in. It will work then.

I never heard of this and I leave August 25. What is the website?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If you have an airline ticket to Spain, your airline should advise you where to check the Covid requirements to enter Spain. They probably would direct you to this link.
If we are taking the train from Paris to start in St. Jean Pied de Port, do we also need to fill out the form? Or is it only if you’re flying into Spain?

As I understand it, there is no requirement for the SpTH registration for walking into Spain. You still legally need to meet whatever vaccination requirements that Spain has (and I advise carrying proof) but there is no border control on the walk.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi @Momwiz
Yes - Australians and NZ’ s; as well as non-EU countries still have to complete the SpHlth no more than 72 hrs before to receive the confirmation .

Bottom line - it’s an easy app; and no Pcr test required. Just patience to wait until it’s closer to departure. I understand fully how you feel. Just wanting to get everything done ✅ and ticked off.

Maybe it will disappear from requirements to travel to spain in due course - but for the moment .. it’s there and it doesn’t cost anything. 😃

Buen camino.
The kiwis have ‘equivalence’ for their vaccine certification and so don’t need a Spth form. Current list here:

The same thing I am concerned about.
Leaving next Tuesday (16th) for Madrid, exactly when can I start processing this system? 72 hours before my departure ? Or arrival, which is Wednesday (17th)? And until when do I have to have it complete? Not good at ITs, worried that I get mixed up and they don't respond quickly and properly.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
exactly when can I start processing this system? 72 hours before my departure ? Or arrival, which is Wednesday (17th)? And until when do I have to have it complete?
If you read this page, you will find the information. The form is very simple, and you can look at it in advance - any time now. The website says "You can send the form to the health authorities from 72 HOURS before the flight." (Before the flight would be before the departure time.) They will send you the QR code that you need.

Thank you very much. I checked "this page" and think there is no problem accessing the form on 13th evening as my departure is 5:20PM on 16th.

I am reading the criteria from the Spain Travel Health as OR and not AND conditions.

For example:

1) You have received the first 2 doses of the vaccine more than 270 days ago.
2) You have not received a booster dose of the vaccine.

Is it possible to enter Spain with a negative diagnostic test 24 or 72 hours (dependent on the test) prior to departure? Has anyone actually done this?

Spain Travel Health

What do I need to carry in order to board and pass the health control at the airport?
In order to pass health controls upon arrival in Spain, passengers (except children under the age of 12 and international transits), who arrive from countries that do NOT belong to the European Union or do NOT have the status of Schengen associated countries, must show one of these documents:
  • An EU DIGITAL COVID CERTIFICATE OR EU EQUIVALENT of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative certificate of an active infection diagnostic test or a recovery certificate after having this disease.
  • SpTH QR. If you do not have the EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent, you must complete the SpTH Health Control Form, manually entering the details of your vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test certificate.
What is an EU Digital COVID Certificate or EU Equivalent and what is its validity?
An EU digital COVID certificate (DCC) or EU equivalent is a digital certification issued by the competent authorities of EU countries, and third countries/territories that have joined the DCC system, that a person:
  • has been vaccinated against COVID-19, with a complete schedule or booster dose. In the case of a complete vaccination schedule, you should check the validity periods: this certificate will be valid from 14 days after the administration of the last dose of the complete vaccination schedule and will be valid up to 270 days from the administration of this last dose. The vaccination certificate with complete schedule for children under 18 has no expiry date.
    Thereafter, in order to be valid (people aged 18 and over), the vaccination certificate must reflect the administration of a booster dose. These certificates will be considered valid from the day the booster dose is administered.
  • a diagnostic test (sample collection) has been performed within 72 hours prior to departure for Spain for NAAT (nucleic acid amplification tests, e.g. RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA) / 24 hours for antigen test, the result of which has been negative.
  • a person is considered to have recovered from COVID-19, after the disease has passed, provided that more than 11 days have elapsed since the first positive NAAT or antigen test was performed, and this recovery shall be valid for 180 days thereafter.

€149,-
A test hasn't been required for months.
I am always right on top of things!!!! I never pay attention to these things until it is getting a little closer to my next camino. 2 months and counting. Thanks.

Do you need to fill out this form if your a US citizen flying from Madrid to Paris after the Camino walk?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Has anyone found confirmation re: covid booster validity dates? My booster's 270th day is on the day I travel to Spain ... I can't find anything on the website re: booster expirations (just that the first two doses do expire @ 270 days). I'd rather not get another booster now if I can avoid it since it looks like a better one is just around the corner (but after my travel dates).
Thanks.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Has anyone found confirmation re: covid booster validity dates? My booster's 270th day is on the day I travel to Spain ... I can't find anything on the website re: booster expirations (just that the first two doses do expire @ 270 days). I'd rather not get another booster now if I can avoid it since it looks like a better one is just around the corner (but after my travel dates).
Thanks.
My understanding is that you will still be able to get the new and improved booster even if you get another shot now.
I caught Covid on the Camino in May. My case was extremely mild, and I think that's because I had my second booster two weeks before I traveled. I had a cold that was a lot worse after I returned home.
But this is really a question for your doctor.

Do you need to fill out this form if your a US citizen flying from Madrid to Paris after the Camino walk?
I checked the French health website yesterday which stated that France has dropped all previous Covid requirements for entry

Hi @Momwiz

Buen camino.

Hi @OzAnnie .
Do we Aussies need to have anything done/prepared?
Don't want to jump on 72 hours out and find I have to race around getting jabs etc.
I also read that our Covid certificates are no good for Europe, and we need a complying version.
Is that right?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Robo
If you are ‘flying’ into spain from Australia .
- you can download the app SpTH (see screen shot )
- you can follow the info on the app (I’ve shown screen shots of the first 3 msgs you’ll see when you open the app).

- you will need the Aussie ‘international vaccination certificate ‘ to complete it (from memory ). You can get that from going into your Medicare account and requesting the international certificate. It will have all your vaccination on it.
- once you’ve completed it ( SpTH) - no sooner than 72 hrs before your flight into spain. (When I did it in April - it was the flight that landed in spain (ie 2nd leg). Could be different now 

- if all your input is okay. SpTH will send you (I received email ) the “ QR code “which is the authorisation to enter Spain.
Keep an eye on requirements.
Things keep changing.
Your travel agent will be up to date with latest requirements. Mine usually is.

Buen camino.
Ps I’m flying in to Madrid on Oct 25 myself.
Annie.

PPs. You don’t need any negative Covid 19 tests done anymore to enter spain
-
Also when returning to Australia you won’t need negative covid tests and best news is that you no longer need the DPD form to return. (Passenger declaration ). It was a doozy!!! But that’s now wiped. You’re lucky.

Attachments

• 98BBC830-B7F2-44E0-B558-829C9195D8DE.jpeg
    98BBC830-B7F2-44E0-B558-829C9195D8DE.jpeg
    387.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 035F49F8-EE85-477A-85C7-D65B1B3F91F6.jpeg
    035F49F8-EE85-477A-85C7-D65B1B3F91F6.jpeg
    291.6 KB · Views: 2
  • A9C58310-B4F7-4D8C-8C57-CF5D3F5F2232.jpeg
    A9C58310-B4F7-4D8C-8C57-CF5D3F5F2232.jpeg
    297.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 8A65AEE6-FCA2-441C-9CE5-6AFED331C9F4.jpeg
    8A65AEE6-FCA2-441C-9CE5-6AFED331C9F4.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi @OzAnnie .
Do we Aussies need to have anything done/prepared?
Don't want to jump on 72 hours out and find I have to race around getting jabs etc.
I also read that our Covid certificates are no good for Europe, and we need a complying version.
Is that right?
Requirements to enter are here

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Am I correct in my understanding that a flight from Chicago with internal transit at Madrid to Porto does NOT require the SpTH app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back