• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Spain will remove indoor mask mandate after Easter

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Campbell

Time of past OR future Camino
Past: LePuy 2016
Future: Frances 2022
As expected, the Council of Ministers, meeting in Toledo, has made a recommendation concerning the sole remaining population-wide Covid measure: the indoor mask mandate. They are recommending the removal of the mandate on the 19th of April, just after Holy Week. There was debate in recent days about the timing - before or after the Holy Week festivities.
Masks requirements would be retained for healthcare settings and mass transit. Here is the story in El Mundo:

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Oh dear. When the UK did this infections climbed ( though not deaths) My family went from no COVID infections to almost all getting it in a milder form

We can luckily still choose to leave it on.Which I always do in crowded surroundings and poor ventilation.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We can luckily still choose to leave it on.Which I always do in crowded surroundings and poor ventilation.
As a couple in our late 70’s and early 80’s walking next October, we will very likely still wear masks unless infections are down significantly. We both have underlying conditions - heart, seizures, high blood pressure and asthma - so caution is necessary for us.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Don't change you plans based on mask wearing. You'll miss out one a terrific experience on the Portuguese Camino. We walked there last October and there was little mask wearing. We wore our masks out of politeness for other while in crowds. Otherwise we never wore them.

Oh dear. When the UK did this infections climbed ( though not deaths) My family went from no COVID infections to almost all getting it in a milder form
Yes, both to be expected in a vaccinated population. Personally, I continue to wear a mask in confined public areas, but I suppose that will change in the future, inevitably. I wish this dreary epidemic would end.

And now you have natural immunity which works like a champ. Congrats.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just replying to your previous statement.
Sure but why? What was the point of what you said. Are you implying natural immunity doesn’t work because people get it later on? Are you implying something about vaccines? I think people realize vaccination protection or natural immunity protection fades over time (to different degrees). Are you saying these are pointless in the end?

Whoa, guys, I think this is veering off the rails.

The point of the thread was to announce the end of Spain’s indoor mask mandate. If you saw Ivar’s recent video he pointed out that even though the “outdoor mask mandate” has ended, many people continue to wear masks outdoors, and I assume that will also happen in response to the removal of the indoor mask mandate.

Seems to me that there are two additional useful points that have come out of this discussion:

— many people will continue to wear masks to protect themselves.

— many people will continue to wear masks out of respect for the people around them who are vulnerable and/or continue to wear masks.

And it also seems to me it’s hard to quibble with either.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
As of 20 April masks will no longer be required in Spain with a few exceptions like hospitals and public transit. You can still elect to wear a mask if desired.

Link below for details and the list of places where masks will still be required.

Hope this information helps in your Camino!

Link below for details
Two points from that news article that are worth noting:
  • It is compulsory to still wear face masks on all public transport, including on trains, coaches, planes, ferries, cable cars, trams and also taxis (even with one driver and passenger). However, it is not compulsory to wear a face mask whilst waiting in bus or train stations, on platforms or in airports in Spain.
  • At work and in offices, it will be the employers who decide whether staff should continue wearing face masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back