• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spanish Artist - Burgos

CWilson

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria - Finnesterre (2010)
SJPP - Fromista / Santiago - Muxia, Finnesterre (2012)
Hello Pilgrims!

As Christmas is fast approaching, I want to get my mother a Camino related gift, but I need your help. At the Burgos Cathedral in one of the cloisters there were beautiful paintings of the stations of the cross by a contemporary Spanish artist (see attached file). My mother was mesmerized by them, especially the station where Jesus meets his mother, and I wanted to get some sort of print of the painting for her to have. But for the life of me I cannot find the name of the Spanish artist who made the artwork, or if the pieces have a specific name other than "Stations of the Cross." I think if I'm able to find these bits of information I might be able to find a print to buy her, but I speak very very little Spanish which makes navigating the Spanish websites difficult.

If anyone has any information to give on this it would be greatly appreciated. I try to give my mother a Camino related gift every year to bring back memories of the two Caminos we walked together, and I think this present will be especially meaningful if I can bring it together in time with your help. Thanks so much, and buen camino during the holidays to all the pilgrims, wherever you may be!

Attachments

• madre.jpg
    madre.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 46
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Well I have exhausted every google search combo possible - the artist's signature appears to be M.T. Peña , or Possibly M+Peña -

There is another image at
http://lifeisacamino.com/tag/football/

Hope someone else can help you track it down

Best wishes - K

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you K, really appreciate it! Hopefully someone else will recognize the artist. It's too bad there's not more information anywhere on the internet

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hello Pilgrims!

As Christmas is fast approaching, I want to get my mother a Camino related gift, but I need your help. At the Burgos Cathedral in one of the cloisters there were beautiful paintings of the stations of the cross by a contemporary Spanish artist (see attached file). My mother was mesmerized by them, especially the station where Jesus meets his mother, and I wanted to get some sort of print of the painting for her to have. But for the life of me I cannot find the name of the Spanish artist who made the artwork, or if the pieces have a specific name other than "Stations of the Cross." I think if I'm able to find these bits of information I might be able to find a print to buy her, but I speak very very little Spanish which makes navigating the Spanish websites difficult.

If anyone has any information to give on this it would be greatly appreciated. I try to give my mother a Camino related gift every year to bring back memories of the two Caminos we walked together, and I think this present will be especially meaningful if I can bring it together in time with your help. Thanks so much, and buen camino during the holidays to all the pilgrims, wherever you may be!
Your best bet is to take the picture you have of the painting and have it enlarged at a photo shop you can have it copied in a canves style and mounted to about 30ins x 20ins they can resize it as just the picture and not the back ground of the Cathedral wall i have one here of myself on my motorcycle going over a mountain top in the snow that looks like it was painted in real life
531613_185901128199219_258986981_n-1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that was going to be my back up plan. I've done that in the past and had problems with the image coming out blurry our pixel-y because the image was too small. But that's a great idea to have it printed on a canvas to look like a painting, that would probably solve the problem. Thank You for your advice!

Yeah that was going to be my back up plan. I've done that in the past and had problems with the image coming out blurry our pixel-y because the image was too small. But that's a great idea to have it printed on a canvas to look like a painting, that would probably solve the problem. Thank You for your advice!
The picture is the real photo this is a small section of the canvas if you click on the picture you can see the detail 20131222_233223.jpg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hey C,

Speaking as the guy who took the photo with the artist's signature, I can say with certainty that her name is M.T. Peña. Unfortunately I don't remember what her full name was but there you go. Cool gift idea btw!

Nathan

lifeisacamino.com

Nathan, thanks for confirming the name, and thanks for the blog, I had not come across it before and I have started following your Camino - best wishes

Whenever I want to do a search for someone/something in Spain, I use google.es And sure enough, there is a lot about this woman on Spanish google. She goes by Teresa Pena (probably Maria Teresa Pena) She even has a museum http://www.museotp.com/valle-de-mena-museo-arte-esculturas.php

I guess it's too late for Christmas now, but you might contact the museum (email given on the website) to see if they can help. If you need help with writing in Spanish, let us know. There are lots of people who can help you write an inquiry.

Buen camino, Laurie

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I think you're looking for Teresa Pena Echeveste. Had better luck looking up "Spanish artists" and found that she did the "via crucis"/stations of the cross.

I think you're looking for Teresa Pena Echeveste. Had better luck looking up "Spanish artists" and found that she did the "via crucis"/stations of the cross.
Well done i searched Spanish artists also male and female but could not come up with a suitable name

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.