A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Spanish Camino Music – Selection No. 7

gerardcarey

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CFx2, CPx1
When one sees a Utube video that has had over 18 million views, one would think that alone would deem it essential viewing.
When the video in question is a "Classical"guitar performance, and by someone to me unknown, that absolutely guarantees I'll be hitting the GO button.
One can debate as to whether Michael Lucarelli is a classical guitarist.
What one cannot debate is that his performances are impressive and for that reason reach a wide audience.
Malaguena.
By the composer Ernesto Lecuona. He added lyrics in Spanish to what was originally the sixth movement of his Suite Andalucía (1933).
A guitarist friend advises it is best appreciated with the video set to 'full screen' and the volume set at a reasonably high level.
Not essential, but I do understand his reasoning.

If you decide you are a fan of his interpretive style you will find many of Michael Lucarelli's performance on Utube.
Just plug Michael Lucarelli in the search section of Utube.

I note Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata has over 8 million views.

Last edited:

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
What one cannot debate is that his performances are impressive and for that reason reach a wide audience.
It seems there is some Flamenco-style to this particular piece, but I agree – you can’t argue about his virtuoso guitar playing.

labuzienski

Camino(s) past & future
Frances
When one sees a Utube video that has had over 18 million views, one would think that alone would deem it essential viewing.
When the video in question is a "Classical"guitar performance, and by someone to me unknown, that absolutely guarantees I'll be hitting the GO button.
Malaguena.
By the composer Ernesto Lecuona. He added lyrics in Spanish to what was originally the sixth movement of his Suite Andalucía (1933).
A guitarist friend advises it is best appreciated with the video set to 'full screen' and the volume set at a reasonably high level.
Not essential, but I do understand his reasoning.

If you decide you are a fan of his interpretive style you will find many of Michael Lucarelli's performance on Utube.
Just plug Michael Lucarelli in the search section of Utube.

I note Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata has over 8 million views.
My favorite Camino song is by Dan Mullins from Austrailia.....Somewhere Along the Way

gerardcarey

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CFx2, CPx1
It seems there is some Flamenco-style to this particular piece, but I agree – you can’t argue about his virtuoso guitar playing.
Just a splash of Flamenco.
Certainly not a traditionally constructed Flamenco guitar.
But who cares?

gerardcarey

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CFx2, CPx1
That’s what I pictured in my mind that the Meseta looked like based on what everyone was saying.
:p:p
I guess a walker's idea of what the Meseta is depends on what their motivation is in walking.
And to figure out the different motivations we probly need to walk a while/mile in their shoes/trailrunners/boots/etc, or maybe even bare feet.
But that's really what you pictured in your minds eye?
Have you considered that perhaps you may have an overactive imagination?
I mean I like to have a bit of salt around when it's mealtime, but that cobber, that's just damn ridiculous.
Yours, in our ongoing search for communal mental wellness,
Gerard

Last edited:

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock