• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spanish Camino Music – Selection No. 7

gerardcarey

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CFx2, CPx1
When one sees a Utube video that has had over 18 million views, one would think that alone would deem it essential viewing.
When the video in question is a "Classical"guitar performance, and by someone to me unknown, that absolutely guarantees I'll be hitting the GO button.
One can debate as to whether Michael Lucarelli is a classical guitarist.
What one cannot debate is that his performances are impressive and for that reason reach a wide audience.
Malaguena.
By the composer Ernesto Lecuona. He added lyrics in Spanish to what was originally the sixth movement of his Suite Andalucía (1933).
A guitarist friend advises it is best appreciated with the video set to 'full screen' and the volume set at a reasonably high level.
Not essential, but I do understand his reasoning.

If you decide you are a fan of his interpretive style you will find many of Michael Lucarelli's performance on Utube.
Just plug Michael Lucarelli in the search section of Utube.

I note Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata has over 8 million views.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
What one cannot debate is that his performances are impressive and for that reason reach a wide audience.

It seems there is some Flamenco-style to this particular piece, but I agree – you can’t argue about his virtuoso guitar playing.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
When one sees a Utube video that has had over 18 million views, one would think that alone would deem it essential viewing.
When the video in question is a "Classical"guitar performance, and by someone to me unknown, that absolutely guarantees I'll be hitting the GO button.
Malaguena.
By the composer Ernesto Lecuona. He added lyrics in Spanish to what was originally the sixth movement of his Suite Andalucía (1933).
A guitarist friend advises it is best appreciated with the video set to 'full screen' and the volume set at a reasonably high level.
Not essential, but I do understand his reasoning.

If you decide you are a fan of his interpretive style you will find many of Michael Lucarelli's performance on Utube.
Just plug Michael Lucarelli in the search section of Utube.

I note Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata has over 8 million views.
My favorite Camino song is by Dan Mullins from Austrailia.....Somewhere Along the Way

It seems there is some Flamenco-style to this particular piece, but I agree – you can’t argue about his virtuoso guitar playing.
Just a splash of Flamenco.
Certainly not a traditionally constructed Flamenco guitar.
But who cares?

That’s what I pictured in my mind that the Meseta looked like based on what everyone was saying.
:p:p
I guess a walker's idea of what the Meseta is depends on what their motivation is in walking.
And to figure out the different motivations we probly need to walk a while/mile in their shoes/trailrunners/boots/etc, or maybe even bare feet.
But that's really what you pictured in your minds eye?
Have you considered that perhaps you may have an overactive imagination?
I mean I like to have a bit of salt around when it's mealtime, but that cobber, that's just damn ridiculous.
Yours, in our ongoing search for communal mental wellness,
Gerard

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back