• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

COVID Spanish entry requirements changed - no SpTH form/QR needed

green_spork

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues
Aug/Sept (2017)
Morning all,
Good news, looks like Spain has finally dumped the Travel Locator requirements for all non EU/Non fully vaccinated!

Couldn’t login to the app this morning, tried the main website and saw this!

As of Tuesday, 20 September 2022, the Spain Travel Health (SpTH) portal, both the website and the mobile applications (APPs), will no longer be operational. It will no longer be necessary to complete the health control form to travel to Spain nor to show the SpTH QR code at the airport of arrival.

Third-country nationals must meet the criteria established by the Ministry of the Interiorin Order INT/657/2020, of 17 July, amending the criteria for the application of a temporary restriction of non-essential travel from third countries to the European Union and Schengen associated countries for reasons of public order and public health due to the health crisis caused by COVID-19.

For health information, you can consult the website of the Ministry of Health-Travel and COVID-19.”

Only need your proof of vaccination, one less thing to worry about!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Morning all,
Good news, looks like Spain has finally dumped the Travel Locator requirements for all non EU/Non fully vaccinated!

Couldn’t login to the app this morning, tried the main website and saw this!

As of Tuesday, 20 September 2022, the Spain Travel Health (SpTH) portal, both the website and the mobile applications (APPs), will no longer be operational. It will no longer be necessary to complete the health control form to travel to Spain nor to show the SpTH QR code at the airport of arrival.

Third-country nationals must meet the criteria established by the Ministry of the Interiorin Order INT/657/2020, of 17 July, amending the criteria for the application of a temporary restriction of non-essential travel from third countries to the European Union and Schengen associated countries for reasons of public order and public health due to the health crisis caused by COVID-19.

For health information, you can consult the website of the Ministry of Health-Travel and COVID-19.”

Only need your proof of vaccination, one less thing to worry about!
I was trying to complete mine as well this morning and found that out. I’m flying American Airlines and they make you enter that QR code along with your documents into VeriFLY before leaving. Now that I can’t get the QR code I can’t compete VeriFLY and I’m wondering if that going to be a problem? I spoke to American and they said they don’t know and to show up early at all airports. Nor was VeriFLY any help this morning. Normally I wouldn’t worry about this, however due to schedule changes I don’t have much time in the airports for problems.

I was trying to complete mine as well this morning and found that out. I’m flying American Airlines and they make you enter that QR code along with your documents into VeriFLY before leaving. Now that I can’t get the QR code I can’t compete VeriFLY and I’m wondering if that going to be a problem? I spoke to American and they said they don’t know and to show up early at all airports. Nor was VeriFLY any help this morning. Normally I wouldn’t worry about this, however due to schedule changes I don’t have much time in the airports for problems.
I see your problem!
I would hope they would simply remove the function to add the QR code, but still be able to add your vacation documents! The fact it is no longer an entry requirement should force the airlines/VeriFLY into amending the process!
It’s not your fault their system is no longer usable!
I was hoping they would scrap all entry requirements, but I suppose it’s a start!
I would keep asking until I got a definite answer!
I hope you get it sorted!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It looks like Verifly updated their app, the requirement is not there anymore.

From the Spanish Government's website - Looks like just a vaccination and booster

"Any of these three certificates (vaccination, recovery, diagnostic test) may be used by travellers to enter Spain without the need to complete a health control form, provided that it meets the following criteria:

COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
From 1 February 2022, this will be valid from 14 days after the date of administration of the last dose of the complete vaccination schedule and will be valid up to 270 days from the date of administration of that last dose. The vaccination certificate with a complete schedule for people under 18 years of age does not have an expiration date.
Thereafter, in order to be valid, the vaccination certificate must reflect the administration of a booster dose. These certificates will be considered valid since the day the booster dose was administered."

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back