• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spanish equivalent of mums or emergency-c

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Maybe you will find the answer here?

But I would try any farmacia.Spanish pharmacies are so well stocked and the staff knows what they are doing.
I would also try the Decathlon and Planeta Agua outdoor stores along the way, and the Harrican outdoor store in Astorga.
I can buy these tablets in Canada at MEC (our equivalent to REI), and at some pharmacies (but not all) and at some higher-end grocery stores.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Greetings from Gernika! Looking for the Spanish equivalent of powder or tablets that you put in your water to add electrolytes. Mine ran out already!

What are they called and where can you find them? Any help would surely be appreciated!
Hi,
If you put in your google search:
pastilla electrolitos en bilbao espana
You will get a list of places where you can resupply in Bilbao.
Good luck and buen camino.

I used something called 'litines' from farmacias. They predate modern branded super duper electrolyte variations. The sooner you drink it, the sooner it is gone till the next morning!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The farmacias generally have a good selection of all kinds of effervescent vitamin tablets. I particularly like the Magnesium/potassium ones for caminos.View attachment 108771
My choice too - just walked into a faracia with an empty packet of what I was using previously and asked for an equivalent.

A word of warning - the product pictured has a high level of potassium (375 mgm per tablet), which can cause serious problems if over-dosing. Stick to the recommended usage...

Last edited:
My choice too - just walked into a faracia with an empty packet of what I was using previously and asked for an equivalent.

A word of warning - the product pictured has a high level of potassium (375 mgm per tablet), which can cause serious problems if over-dosing. Stick to the recommended usage...
Les, the package does say the Potasio is 375mg or 19% Valor de Referencia de Nutriente, which I take as ‘daily recommended limit’. Is that too much for one dose?

BTW, the Magnesio is 100%.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Probably not, otherwise the tablet wouldnt be as large...? The "advicd for use" does say only one per day. So i limited my intakd to just one per day, despite sweating freely whilst walking. I had been consuming thrre or four tablets that i brought from Oz to Spain, and it was a bit of a shock to see how much eas packed into the spanish product (same with Ibuprofen pills...)

from memory, too much potassium can have dire consequences for the heart

I tried looking for the same in Oz but could fond only ones with 100 mgm potassium...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Aquarius is legit. Comes in two flavors, orange and lemon/lime. I drank copious amount in 2019. Hard to find the Sugar Free version.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.