• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Spanish health form QR code issues

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Momwiz

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese 2019
I’m positive this question is very redundant but I feel the need to ask it anyway. First by explanation, several weeks ago I filled in the first part of the Spanish Health form to get my QR code but I did not receive an email stating that they received the first part of my form. However, I do have the first part of the form saved when I go to the health form website. I can click on it and it tells me I must wait for the 72 hour window to complete the form. My question is, if I never got the first email from the Spanish website should I be concerned that I will not receive the QR code at the end. Don’t I have to have some sort of numerical code to complete the form when I go back in? Also, how do you put your covid vaccination information into the form? Do you have to take pictures of your Covid vaccination certificates? Thanks to everyone who may respond!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I don’t think you do get an email confirmation of completing the first part of the form. I certainly don’t recall one. Nor do I recall the need to enter any kind of code. It might be worth checking your spam and junk mail folders. You seem to be able to access the partially completed form though …

You will have to upload your certificate as an electronic copy or scanned image. I’ve always used a .pdf. It will accept the following formats PDF, PNG, JPG, SVG, GIF and JPEG.

If you want to experiment to be sure your electronic copy will be accepted, you can test it here:

You’ll get the QR code within a few minutes of completing part 2.

First time I did this I was poised at the keyboard as the clock ticked down to 72 hours. (Although as @Kathar1na discovered different official sites quoted 72 hours before takeoff to or landing in Spain) It worked perfectly and I used it four times subsequently. Thankfully we in the UK once ‘boosted’ don’t need to use it now.

It’ll be fine.

Last edited:
I don’t think you do get an email confirmation of completing the first part of the form. I certainly don’t recall one. Nor do I recall the need to enter any kind of code. It might be worth checking your spam and junk mail folders. You seem to be able to access the partially completed form though …
Correct ☺️. Just a bit of additional clarification:

When the app is used there is no email and no code required, the user of the app has immediate access to the partially completed form.

When the website is used, the user does receive an email with a code and this code needs to be entered on the website each time one wants to consult or to complete the form. That's a bit of a PITA and the app is the better choice in this respect.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I think I finally get it! I actually did this process last year and got the code which is why I questioned not getting it this year. This year I’m using the app! Now what you said makes perfect sense. Thank you so much!

Just reading this thread and wondering... if I am entering Spain from France, do I need this?

I'm actually Australian and will be flying into Germany for a week then either flying or getting a train to SJPdP and then walking into Spain. Thanks in advance 🙏

Just reading this threat and wondering... if I am entering Spain from France, do I need this?

I'm actually Australian and will be flying into Germany for a week then either flying or getting a train to SJPdP and then walking into Spain. Thanks in advance 🙏
You only need this if you are flying into Spain. If you are arriving by foot, car, bus or train it's not required.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You only need this if you are flying into Spain. If you are arriving by foot, car, bus or train it's not required.
Muchas gracias 😊 I haven't yet been to the EU during covid, so still figuring out all the details - and I appreciate your response 🙏🙏

I’m positive this question is very redundant but I feel the need to ask it anyway. First by explanation, several weeks ago I filled in the first part of the Spanish Health form to get my QR code but I did not receive an email stating that they received the first part of my form. However, I do have the first part of the form saved when I go to the health form website. I can click on it and it tells me I must wait for the 72 hour window to complete the form. My question is, if I never got the first email from the Spanish website should I be concerned that I will not receive the QR code at the end. Don’t I have to have some sort of numerical code to complete the form when I go back in? Also, how do you put your covid vaccination information into the form? Do you have to take pictures of your Covid vaccination certificates? Thanks to everyone who may respond!
I am first flying into Heathrow, then lisbon, then madrid then pamplona so do I need to do something other than show my vaccination card from the US. I have a digital format but it is from the United States. I called the airlines and they said that was all I needed. Can you direct me to anything else I may need. I leave in 9 days so I should have a little time if I need to do additional work. Thanks!

I have just completed this, when I left Australia yesterday, I was told I need this certificate, the airline gave me the Spanish website to fill in everything, I received immediately a security code for the form and then it was smooth sailing, it did take about 30 minutes as I wasn’t sure of some of the details, ie province etc, so needed to be careful as if you make a mistake it sounds unfixable. Anyway the Spanish QR certificate is generated immediately and I have saved this in my wallet ready to get to Barcelona tomorrow its called Spanish Health Travel Pass.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'm from Canada. I traveled to Lisbon, then 2 days later flew to Barcelona. I was advised to get the QR Code, which I received almost instantaneously, about 70 hrs before my arrival Lisbon.
When I got to Barcelona, I searched highland low for the "blue sign"; eventually being guided buy an airport employee to a WRONG Immigration counter.
I asked several people, (including the Immigration officials) WHERE I needed to show this QR Code and where the "blue sign" was and they looked at me as though I had arrived feom another planet.
Apparently nobody had even head of the thing and I was guided out to the exit.
I am back in Lisbon today and start my Camino in a few days' time.
Bon Camino

P.S. for those who care to know more.... here's the email I received with my QR Code......

SpTH​

Hello,

You have completed your Health Control Form (FCS) correctly.

REMEMBER that in order to travel to Spain you must bring the QR you have just received and the vaccination/diagnostic test/recovery certificate indicated or provided when filling in the form. A diagnostic test may be carried out upon entry into Spain.

In this email you will find the QR code associated with your trip. Upon arrival at the airport, follow the BLUE signs, which indicate health control with SpTH QR code.

If you wish to change the QR data, you can do so from http://spth.gob.es/modifyqr

You must present this document at the sanitary control of the destination airport. You can print it or show it from your mobile. This document is personal and non-transferable. You are responsible for the information provided, that is included in this document or QR. You are also responsible for its custody. We recommend its destruction / deletion after having shown it at the airport health control.

You must follow the instructions of the personnel who are in the airport control.

REMEMBER: If you travel to Spain, you hereby agree to carry out all measures and instructions indicated by the health authorities. You also undertake to comply with the hygienic-sanitary measures established by said authorities, which can be found on the website of the Spanish Ministry of Health. If during your stay in Spain you have acute symptoms compatible with COVID-19 (fever, shortness of breath, cough) stay at home or in your accommodation until the fever disappears or the symptoms improve. Wear a surgical mask to interact with others in the 10 days following symptom onset.

Aloha. I was flying to Porto but landed in Madrid first. I was told I didn’t need to complete the app but airlines at LAX would not give me a boarding pass until I got my QR code. Questions on the site didn’t really fit because I was heading to Portugal but I filled out as best I could. It just asked dates of vaccination and type. I didn’t have to upload anything. I added The QR code to my wallet. At the Madrid airport I just went through bar control and showed my passport and no one asked about the QR code. However other people had gone through the same problem and they had to show their QR code even though they were also going to Porto so it seems safer to just go and get the QR code before leaving. The site the airport gave me was spth.gob.es

I am really confused. On August 9 I landed in Madrid without a QR code or other documentation (although I carry my VAX and booster certificate) beside my passport. That was all I needed. Went through passport control and was on my way. Is the QR code and the other documentation required now, although it wasn't a couple of weeks ago?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Reading these has just raised my anxiety level. We are flying out of Sydney to London on September 30 and into Madrid on October 3, so will have to do the form in London on our phones. We have our international vaccination certificates saved in Files on our iPhones, but have no idea how to upload from there to a document. I have previously gone through this process to get into New Zealand last May and did it successfully on my computer after frustrating time spent trying to do it on my phone. I don’t want to have to take a computer just to be able to negotiate this! Feeling very stressed!

No need to stress I did this today,
after no sleep getting from Melb to Dubai on my phone, you only need the Aust international certificate to check your dates and dose of last vaccination, there is no uploading of our QR code from the Aussie certificate. It can only be done when you are checked in as they want seat no. You can check in usually 48 hours prior and get this info. It is not too difficult, just be careful with details ie, name etc.

No need to stress I did this today,
after no sleep getting from Melb to Dubai on my phone, you only need the Aust international certificate to check your dates and dose of last vaccination, there is no uploading of our QR code from the Aussie certificate. It can only be done when you are checked in as they want seat no. You can check in usually 48 hours prior and get this info. It is not too difficult, just be careful with details ie, name etc.
Thank you so much!

I am really confused. On August 9 I landed in Madrid without a QR code or other documentation (although I carry my VAX and booster certificate) beside my passport. That was all I needed. Went through passport control and was on my way. Is the QR code and the other documentation required now, although it wasn't a couple of weeks ago?
Did you fill out the SpTH form in advance? If not, it seems that you just got lucky and went through without, but I wouldn't count on that.

the "blue sign"
This confused me in the instructions, but in the end, I decided maybe it was a bad translation and was referring to a blue box on the webpage, not at the airport - i.e. click on the blue box to follow through. So, I ignored it, forgot about it, and just followed the crowds and the appropriate overhead signage through immigration.

Reading these has just raised my anxiety level.
Filling out the SpTH form is quite straightforward. If you have never uploaded any document or photo on your phone, you might want some help on that, but most people around you would be able to help, since you say you already have your vaccination certificate saved on your phone. Probably an agent at the airport would help as long as you get there in plenty of time.

I had a look at the SpTH app just now. It is indeed no longer necessary to upload a copy of your vaccination certificate, as also confirmed by @Lucy3095 in post #14 who filled in the form today.

When you fly from Portugal or France to Spain you no longer have to get the SpTH QR code. You arrive in an area at the airport where there is no passport control which may also be the reason why you do not go through any blue or orange channels.

I had a look at the SpTH app just now. It is indeed no longer necessary to upload a copy of your vaccination certificate, as also confirmed by @Lucy3095 in post #14 who filled in the form today.

When you fly from Portugal or France to Spain you no longer have to get the SpTH QR code. You arrive in an area at the airport where there is no passport control which may also be the reason why you do not go through any blue or orange channels.
Thank you.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Did you fill out the SpTH form in advance? If not, it seems that you just got lucky and went through without, but I wouldn't count on that.

This confused me in the instructions, but in the end, I decided maybe it was a bad translation and was referring to a blue box on the webpage, not at the airport - i.e. click on the blue box to follow through. So, I ignored it, forgot about it, and just followed the crowds and the appropriate overhead signage through immigration.

Filling out the SpTH form is quite straightforward. If you have never uploaded any document or photo on your phone, you might want some help on that, but most people around you would be able to help, since you say you already have your vaccination certificate saved on your phone. Probably an agent at the airport would help as long as you get there in plenty of time.
Thank you.

Wondering about the 72 hour part you wrote--what I read says in the last 2 days before your arrival in Spain.
At first I thought the arrival day may be one of these "last 2 days." But I take it, then, that the day of arrival is not Day 2, and that we may fill out the form one day (Day 2) or two days )Day 1) before the arrival day.
Is this correct? I am not finding explanations on the website.
Thanks

Did you fly from the US? It’s my understanding that you have to have had a QR code to enter Spain from the very beginning of their Covid restrictions. Lucky you if you didn’t!
Wondering about the 72 hour part you wrote--what I read says in the last 2 days before your arrival in Spain.
At first I thought the arrival day may be one of these "last 2 days." But I take it, then, that the day of arrival is not Day 2, and that we may fill out the form one day (Day 2) or two days )Day 1) before the arrival day.
Thanks
It’s my understanding that you can apply for your QR code 72 hours before you are scheduled to arrive in Spain. For example, if I am leaving the US on Thursday at 12:30 PM, then I should be able to access The QR code at 12:30 PM on Monday. This is only my understanding and it could be way off track!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Did you fly from the US? It’s my understanding that you have to have had a QR code to enter Spain from the very beginning of their Covid restrictions. Lucky you if you didn’t!

It’s my understanding that you can apply for your QR code 72 hours before you are scheduled to arrive in Spain. For example, if I am leaving the US on Thursday at 12:30 PM, then I should be able to access The QR code at 12:30 PM on Monday. This is only my understanding and it could be way off track!
It gets lost in the translation! For me I fly out of US on Tuesday and arrive in Madrid on Wednesday--the sentence on the website says 2 days before coming to Spain so do they mean in this example Monday is 2 days before Wednesday or 2 days before I leave the US which would be Sunday!! o_O
Not expecting you to actually answer this. Am just expressing my confusing!
If it is the 72 hrs then I am thinking Sunday I can apply. No idea why the website says 2 days....

It gets lost in the translation! For me I fly out of US on Tuesday and arrive in Madrid on Wednesday--the sentence on the website says 2 days before coming to Spain so do they mean in this example Monday is 2 days before Wednesday or 2 days before I leave the US which would be Sunday!! o_O
Not expecting you to actually answer this. Am just expressing my confusing!
If it is the 72 hrs then I am thinking Sunday I can apply. No idea why the website says 2 days....
Different official sources say different things. At the end of the day; it won’t let you until it lets you and it’s a quick and efficient process. Eventually.

@Mycroft, I agree with what @henrythedog just wrote while I was doing screenshots of the SpTH app ☺️. Start filling out your form. Look at what it tells you and what it lets you do. Open the form a few days before your flight and see whether it lets you complete it. If not, do it on the next day.

The SpTH app and the SpTH website have been modified numerous times over the years. As app and websites managed by humans go, sometimes a piece of text does not get updated while another piece of text about the same topic does. Maybe that's a little irritating and a little confusing but no big deal. It's either 2 days or not. It's either Monday or Sunday for your flight on Wednesday. No big deal, especially not for the overwhelming majority of travellers who are vaccinated and/or boosted and don't have to fuss around with testing and when to do the test and receive the result. But even they seem to succeed in filling out the form in a timely manner.

As soon as you have completed your form, you receive your QR code. It's a question of seconds and easy peasy.

Screenshots from SpTH app, current version:

SpTH.jpg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
@Mycroft, I agree with what @henrythedog just wrote while I was doing screenshots of the SpTH app ☺️. Start filling out your form. Look at what it tells you and what it lets you do. Open the form a few days before your flight and see whether it lets you complete it. If not, do it on the next day.

The SpTH app and the SpTH website have been modified numerous times over the years. As app and websites managed by humans go, sometimes a piece of text does not get updated while another piece of text about the same topic does. Maybe that's a little irritating and a little confusing but no big deal. It's either 2 days or not. It's either Monday or Sunday for your flight on Wednesday. No big deal, especially not for the overwhelming majority of travellers who are vaccinated and/or boosted and don't have to fuss around with testing and when to do the test and receive the result. But even they seem to succeed in filling out the form in a timely manner.

As soon as you have completed your form, you receive your QR code. It's a question of seconds and easy peasy.

Screenshots from SpTH app, current version:

View attachment 132024

Agree it is a process to understand! Does anyone have experience / challenges getting the QR code when supplying a negative test result from Walgreens NAAT?

Related - I recently had COVID and will be submiting a "Certificate of Recovery" with my request for QR code. I've looked all over on-line and from what I can tell, said certificate is simply a letter signed by a doctor verifying I am symptom free, along with my name, date of test, type of test, issuing vendor and country of origin. Does anyone have experience / challenges with a Certificate of Recovery and getting the QR code?

I recently had COVID and will be submiting a "Certificate of Recovery" with my request for QR code. I've looked all over on-line and from what I can tell, said certificate is simply a letter signed by a doctor verifying I am symptom free, along with my name, date of test, type of test, issuing vendor and country of origin. Does anyone have experience / challenges with a Certificate of Recovery and getting the QR code?
If people are so concerned about how to fill in the SpTH form that they don't want to wait until a few days before their flight they can do what I've done dozens of times by now: Fill in a test form with test data. You can proceed right to the moment where you request the QR code. Stop before this last step and simply let the form expire. Or delete it because that's an option, too.

But, just this one time ... ☺️ ... below is the screenshot for the option "Recovery". You fill in the data for the official test that you took to establish that you are infected as stated on your paper for your positive test result. You take this document with you in case you will be checked at Madrid airport - they may want to see it in addition to your QR code. You don't have to upload any documents for the current version of the SpTH form / app / website.

(Click to enlarge)
Recovery.jpg

Thanks
72 hours before your arrival in Spain. We arrive Tuesday morning. My husband got ours today.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

We just returned from Spain and Portugal on Friday (2 days ago) so will share my experience.

Like so many I was nervous about getting the QR code. I had registered 2 months in advance but did not get an email confirming the process had started but I was able to login to see my registration. Like others we had to wait until 72 hours before departure to update the data. Two days before flight to Barcelona, we went to PCR test and received negative test results within 24 hours and I took pictures of the results and attached to the application and immediately received the QR code. Each of us took screen shot of the QR code on our phone in case we had to show it.

However, on reaching Barcelona, no one asked to see the QR code. It did not matter as I was happy we had done our part and we were in Spain.

As a side note, we were one of a few people (less than 1%) wearing masks when going into museums, stores, restaurants, markets. post office, churches etc. Definitely, you are required to mask up going into pharmacies. We returned to Seattle and none of us were sick. Our friends who went 2 weeks earlier came back and tested positive for Covid and had to take an extra few days off from work.

Stay safe and Buen Camino.

Two days before flight to Barcelona, we went to PCR test and received negative test results within 24 hours and I took pictures of the results and attached to the application and immediately received the QR code.
Just for clarification, did you get the PCR test because you were not vaccinated? If vaccinated, you would have provided only your vaccination certificate.

Last edited:
I registered today and applied for my QR Code which took about 10minutes. I received the QR Code and printed it out immediately.

Note: I tried first using my Smartphone and quit in frustration. I then used my desktop to apply and it went smoothly.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just for clarification, did you get the PCR test because you were not vaccinated? If vaccinated, you would have uploaded only your vaccination certificate.
Oh gosh, you read my mind!
When I read natcire’s post I panicked because it sounded like he needed to get a PCR test before he left for Spain. I didn’t think that we were required to do that anymore, just show our proof of vaccination and boosting. I think your response clarified that that was the case, right?🤔

I think your response clarified that that was the case, right?
Right. The Spanish government website says "you must complete the SpTH Health Control Form, manually entering the details of your vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test certificate." (Bolding of "or" is mine.)

It is possible that you no longer need to upload your certificate - I think someone mentioned this on the forum, and the wording "manually entering" suggests that you just need to enter the data. However, you should have the certificate with you.

I am confused about entry by land as in from Portugal on foot. Most of the above responses are regarding arrival by air or sea. I think that entering on foot is free of any restrictions on testing or vaccination. Hoping for clarification. Thank you in advance. planning for a group.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am confused about entry by land as in from Portugal on foot. Most of the above responses are regarding arrival by air or sea. I think that entering on foot is free of any restrictions on testing or vaccination. Hoping for clarification. Thank you in advance. planning for a group.
The SpTH form is only required when arriving by air.

Thank you for your quick response. Does that mean by inference that you can walk into Spain from portugal with no concern for previous vax status or entry testing. Just trying make sure of the net, net. Thank you

Just for clarification, did you get the PCR test because you were not vaccinated? If vaccinated, you would have provided only your vaccination certificate
We had our vaccinations and booster. My kid and wife only had their two shots and they were more than 9 months old and my booster was 8 months ago. So to be safe, we went ahead and got our PCR.

Right. The Spanish government website says "you must complete the SpTH Health Control Form, manually entering the details of your vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test certificate." (Bolding of "or" is mine.)

It is possible that you no longer need to upload your certificate - I think someone mentioned this on the forum, and the wording "manually entering" suggests that you just need to enter the data. However, you should have the certificate with you.
As a test after getting our negative results, I tried to get through the form without uploading our certificates and I could not get a QR Code. I had to upload our negative test results to get the QR code for each of us.

My kid and wife only had their two shots and they were more than 9 months old
As a test after getting our negative results, I tried to get through the form without uploading our certificates and I could not get a QR Code. I had to upload our negative test results to get the QR code for each of us.
So your wife and child did not have the necessary vaccination certificates (2 basic shots plus booster), right? Which is why you needed to provide a test result instead.

I am asking because people are getting confused and thinking that a PCR test is necessary even for fully vaccinated/boosted travelers to Spain.

Last edited:
It´s a bit confusing at all. I will fly to Madri next sept 24th , from Sao Paulo,and I´d like to kwow if I can fill in the app or website for SPTH now or have to way until 72 hours before my fligth to get the QR code.

I´d like to kwow if I can fill in the app or website for SPTH now or have to way until 72 hours before my fligth to get the QR code
I assume you mean Sept 24, 2022. You can register on the site to get started, and you can log on to see your status any time. Then, 72 hours before your flight, you will see that you have the opportunity to provide the final information that is needed. I found it to be quite straightforward.

See posts #24 and #26 in this other thread for a good explanation.

So your wife and child did not have the necessary vaccination certificates (2 basic shots plus booster), right? Which is why you needed to provide a test result instead.

I am asking because people are getting confused and thinking that a PCR test is necessary even for fully vaccinated/boosted travelers to Spain.
Correct, their shots were too long ago and did not meet the minimum requirements. My booster, even though it was 8 months was accepted and I got my QR code. BUT I wanted to be extra sure so I decided to get the PCR test along with wife and son.

I assume you mean Sept 24, 2022. You can register on the site to get started, and you can log on to see your status any time. Then, 72 hours before your flight, you will see that you have the opportunity to provide the final information that is needed. I found it to be quite straightforward.

See posts #24 and #26 in this other thread for a good explanation.
I agree with @C clearly , you should go ahead and register at the site as soon as possible. Then 72 hours before you add in the final data to get the QR code. You could then revisit your profile to make sure all was ready, for peace of mind.

I am first flying into Heathrow, then lisbon, then madrid then pamplona so do I need to do something other than show my vaccination card from the US. I have a digital format but it is from the United States. I called the airlines and they said that was all I needed. Can you direct me to anything else I may need. I leave in 9 days so I should have a little time if I need to do additional work. Thanks!
I did this in April. It is very easy. I used the SpTh app. I followed the instructions in the app the night before I departed the USA and got my QR code response within 2 minutes. Just follow the instructions and you will be fine. I brought but never used my US Covid Vaccination card. The SpTh app was all I needed to enter Spain.

Still confused, but I will adopt the 'belt and braces approach' given that I have no idea what information will be requested till 72 hours prior to arrival in Spain :oops:

I'll get a booster shot a month or so ahead of departure (4th shot will have been 8-10 months prior to departure otherwise) and arrange a PCR test too. Just in case.

I have to say for someone with ADHD the site is doubly confusing .......... :(

Though I did pick up on one thing that might help. (I did this on PC not App)

After adding my arrival date in Spain, I was asked to add my departure date TO Spain.

At first I thought maybe they wanted my departure date FROM Spain, but I couldn't enter a date that was later than my arrival date.

So it's the departure date from your home airport I assumed and that is what I entered.
That is 3 days before I arrive in Spain!

So hopefully I get access to complete the form, 72 hours before I leave home......

I have just completed this, when I left Australia yesterday, I was told I need this certificate, the airline gave me the Spanish website to fill in everything, I received immediately a security code for the form and then it was smooth sailing, it did take about 30 minutes as I wasn’t sure of some of the details, ie province etc, so needed to be careful as if you make a mistake it sounds unfixable. Anyway the Spanish QR certificate is generated immediately and I have saved this in my wallet ready to get to Barcelona tomorrow its called Spanish Health Travel Pass.
So we don’t need a PCR 72 hours before or covid recovery form if we are flying in from Australia? Just this pass?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
So we don’t need a PCR 72 hours before or covid recovery form if we are flying in from Australia? Just this pass?
If you meet the vaccination requirements, no.
Here's the Spanish government travel site for more information.

I have no idea what information will be requested till 72 hours prior to arrival in Spain
You will answer a few questions saying you have no symptoms, and you will enter your vaccination data. Until recently one had to upload the digital vaccination certificate, so you should have that handy anyway.

If you want belt and braces and prior practice, you can test it beforehand as @Kathar1na has done. See her screenshots and posts #24 and #26 on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will answer a few questions saying you have no symptoms, and you will enter your vaccination data. Until recently one had to update the digital vaccination certificate, so you should have that handy anyway.

If you want belt and braces and prior practice, you can test it beforehand as @Kathar1na has done. See her screenshots and posts #24 and #26 on this thread.

On re-reading the website, it seems fairly clear. Or maybe I'm missing something.
We need a valid vax.
I'll need a booster shot as my last one will have been more than 270 days prior.
And.........we need a negative test within 72 hours of departure for Spain. (not arrival In Spain)

It does not read as vax OR negative test, that I can see.

Some members seem to have 'winged it' without having the negative test result.
I'd rather not 'wing it' but prefer to have all the bases covered.

The key extract I believe.

What is an EU Digital COVID Certificate or EU Equivalent and what is its validity?​

An EU digital COVID certificate (DCC) or EU equivalent is a digital certification issued by the competent authorities of EU countries, and third countries/territories that have joined the DCC system, that a person:
  • has been vaccinated against COVID-19, with a complete schedule or booster dose. In the case of a complete vaccination schedule, you should check the validity periods: this certificate will be valid from 14 days after the administration of the last dose of the complete vaccination schedule and will be valid up to 270 days from the administration of this last dose. The vaccination certificate with complete schedule for children under 18 has no expiry date.
    Thereafter, in order to be valid (people aged 18 and over), the vaccination certificate must reflect the administration of a booster dose. These certificates will be considered valid from the day the booster dose is administered.
  • a diagnostic test (sample collection) has been performed within 72 hours prior to departure for Spain for NAAT (nucleic acid amplification tests, e.g. RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA) / 24 hours for antigen test, the result of which has been negative.
  • a person is considered to have recovered from COVID-19, after the disease has passed, provided that more than 11 days have elapsed since the first positive NAAT or antigen test was performed, and this recovery shall be valid for 180 days thereafter.

Last edited:
On re-reading the website, it seems fairly clear. Or maybe I'm missing something.
We need a valid vax.
I'll need a booster shot as my last one will have been more than 270 days prior.
And.........we need a negative test within 72 hours of departure for Spain. (not arrival In Spain)

It does not read as vax OR negative test, that I can see.
Referring to this webpage, you quoted the answer to the wrong question i.e."What is an EU digital COVID certificate...?" Being from Australia, you probably don't have that certificate, nor do you need it. (You are right that the "OR" is not in the text that you quoted. The ambiguous punctuation in that text makes it unclear what the certificate might say. But we don't care about that.)

What you want to know is the answer to the previous question "What do I need to carry in order to board and pass the health control at the airport?" The answer to that question is very clear, stating that "one of these documents" is needed. Here is a screenshot clip:
What to carry.JPG

Now, you need to go back to the top of that same page, and click on either the orange box on the left or the blue box on the right, as shown below.
EU or not.JPG
Click on the blue box on the right, because you don't have the DCC. It will take you to a page that repeats the requirements and will take you through the SpTH process.

You do not need a Covid test if you are fully vaccinated and boosted. By all means, get one if you want, but under the current requirements, you do not need it.

The Spanish government travel site has clear information

For Australia it says this:

Travellers coming from Australia to Spain must meet ONE of the following health requirements (provided they are over 12 years old): 1.Vaccination, recovery or diagnostic certificate

OK, I'll admit to not understanding this at all @trecile :oops:
If I click on the blue box to the right as you suggest and scroll down, the text is exactly the same in terms of requirements. (same as EU)

Rather than confuse the issue even more I'd better not comment further.
I'm obviously missing something !
Everyone else seems to 'get it'........ :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Rather than confuse the issue even more I'd better not comment further.
May I suggest that you do a test run and fill in the SpTH form for a flight from Australia to Spain that starts tomorrow and with the data of your own current vaccination history? The app performs tests on the dates of vaccinations, on the dates related to a recovery and on the dates of a PCR and an antigen test taken. It does not check flight numbers, seat numbers, or departure and arrival times. You can delete an incomplete form at any time. You can even request a QR code for your imminent flight and once you received it you can delete the form (and with it the QR code).

If you travel from Australia to Spain right now and had your primary vaccination series completed (which for most of us was two jabs of Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca a long time ago) and had one booster jab (no matter how long ago), you are good to go. Try it. ☺️

I'm seeking guidance for completing the FCS Form concerning the following situation:

My Passport includes my First and Middle Name ... but my CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card only lists my First Name.

The FCS Form asks you to enter your "Surname" and then your "Name" (the latter doesn't specify whether you should enter your First and Middle Name, or just your First Name).

Will I have a problem if I choose one over the other, or am I overthinking this?

My gut was telling me to write my First and Middle Name since the form asks for our Passport #, and my Passport has both names listed.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If I click on the blue box to the right as you suggest and scroll down, the text is exactly the same in terms of requirements. (same as EU)
Near the top of the next page, it gives you the opportunity to create a new Individual FCS form by clicking on another blue box. Or, scrolling down the page, it repeats the explanation of what the requirements are - that you need one of the listed documents.

Probably not, and probably yes.

If you have room, put both names! I don't see what harm it would do.
Thanks, @C clearly.

I called customer service at my departure airport (Charlotte Douglas International Airport) for guidance. The person with whom I spoke said either entering your First Name or First and Middle Name should be fine.

I entered the form with my First and Middle Name so it would match with my passport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back