• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Spanish health form seat #

• Thread starter Former member 94614
  • Start date
OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
F

Former member 94614

i am flying from the US to madrid tomorrow to start camino and iberia changed my seat assignment after i had slready filled out my form. i can no longer modify my form. does anyone know if the seat assigment is a big deal? if not i guess i'll find out tomorrow! otherwise i have everything right on the QR code

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We went in Sept. and changed seats after receiving our QR codes. No issue upon arrival in Madrid. I think the purpose of requiring your seating info is for contact tracing after everyone has departed from the airport. ButI doubt with Omicron they will even do that?

Last edited:
We went in Sept. and changed seats after receiving our QR codes. No issue upon arrival in Madrid. I think the purpose of requiring your seating info is for contact tracing after everyone has departed from the airport. ButI doubt with Omicron they will even do that?
thx so much! yeah i'm not going to sweat it. looking forward to getting started in roncesvalles after some down time in pamplona!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
No issue if the seat on your form doesn’t match your actual seat. But for ethical reasons, you can actually apply for a new QR code - it’s essentially instantaneous.

@peregrin peregrina, what others have said. Leave it as it is.

Just for info: It is always possible to change the seat number.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the seat number by using the app, at least I don't see an option there. You need to use the link that is provided in the email that includes the QR code. It works. You will immediately receive a new email with a new QR code and the correct seat number printed next to it.

Not to discourage anyone - by all means do what is required - but when i landed in Barcelona last year short of simply scanning my QR code and saying Welcome to Spain nobody checked anything else. You could've said 5F on the form and actually sit in 33B don't think anyone would've known.....

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
fyi i am in spain now and found out that the seat number is " no importante" for sure!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back