• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spanish key board

Trishkerry

Time of past OR future Camino
Done....Frances, Norte ,Primitivo, Finisterre
Future ...via de la plata
Hi.To say I am no computer whiz would be putting it mildly hence the question i am about to ask.... Where is the @ key on a Spanish key board. Last time in Spain I gave up trying to send an e mail because i couldn't find it but i will need to access the airline website in order to print off my boarding pass and its worrying me already :(

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Good question because I always forget as well in 4 times to Spain. Sometimes I find one on an email or something and "cut & paste". It only takes one or two times for me to remember anyway. You'll be fine. The French keyboards are the ones I really have trouble with. :wink:

Alt Gr and 2 simultaneously gets the @. It is a special key on the lower right or left.

Attachments

• KB_Spanish.svg.png
    KB_Spanish.svg.png
    17 KB · Views: 824
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Re: Re: Spanish key board

falcon269 said:
Alt Gr and 2 simultaneously gets the @. It is a special key on the lower right or left.
Thank you Falcon . I have written that down on my note pad and i will be taking it with me. :)

On many machines in bars and internet cafes they have a little notice telling you how to get @ because it confuses so many people! I think you can also get it by Ctl, Alt and 2 simultaneously, but it gets a bit like playing a piano concerto! :shock: Buen Camino!

tyrrek said:
On many machines in bars and internet cafes they have a little notice telling you how to get @ because it confuses so many people! I think you can also get it by Ctl, Alt and 2 simultaneously, but it gets a bit like playing a piano concerto! :shock: Buen Camino!
Im so glad im not the only one. I was worried that people would think i was thick! :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

[quote="Trishkerry"
Im so glad im not the only one. I was worried that people would think i was thick! :)[/quote]

You're certainly NOT the only one.
When in Segovia,walking the Camino Madrid, and staying at the Youth Hostel, attempting to book a flight home on the ( free) internet there, I had the same problem - if you can't do the @, then nothing else is possible. After a great deal of sign language (the wardens spoke as little English as - at the time -I spoke Spanish), I managed to indicate the dilemma.
And then the printer wouldn't work....
But, hey, I got there (or here) in the end. :D

Trishkerry said:
Im so glad im not the only one. I was worried that people would think i was thick! :)
No. Whoever decided that @ is not easily accessible on a keyboard is the thick person. :D Buen Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
On every keyboard, you will always get the @:
press and hold ALT
type 64
release ALT

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.