• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spanish Lunch in London

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
For those of you in and around London. The CSJ is having an Open Day on 28th November from 10.30 - 3.30 pm at its offices: 27 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NY.

At around 4pm about 20 pilgrims will assemble at the (now becoming famous for pilgrim hospitality)well known Galcian restaurant La Terazza. Come and join us.

http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/restaurant ... t-7442.php

Then Menu is authentic Galician and below is a picture of Don Antonio the Jefe de la Cocina in his kitchen. He comes from the next village to Muxia on the Finisterre route.

Every Sunday a little Pepe appears from the kitchen and soon becomes Pepito. He also does extensive seafood and vegetarian dishes.

More on La Terazza here:
http://johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot. ... tiago.html

Attachments

• Don Antonio.jpg
    Don Antonio.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 920
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hola Johney Walker,

I can't believe I have searched all over London for Conchinillo Asado and it turns out La Terrazza cook it up, the restaurant is 3 mins from my house. Thank you for that, I have been in for drinks but didn't realise they served it up on a Sunday and will make sure we visit soon to enjoy a feast.

Another Spanish bar just opened last Friday on Clapham Park Road at the Zebra crossing, the owner Fernando is from Madrid and he will start serving food this weekend. They were very friendly, a glass of Rioja was only £2.50 and he even gave us a drink on the house. It is quite a difficult spot for them but I really hope it gets busy once word gets out, we shall definitely be going back for their 'authentic Spanish food".

Have fun on the 28th, If I'm around that weekend I shall pop in to say Hola.

Best wishes

Spacehopper

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I would have come along, but "unfortunately" I will be somewhere between Fromista and Leon, eating the usual Menu del Peregrino... :)
Nevertheless, I hope you have a good day out, and maybe next time!
Rolf

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.