Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Spanish Music - Selection No 9

Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Francais: 2002, 2012, 2019. (Future Ingles, Primitivo, Portuguese in 2021)
Got told off by a friend for not continuing with my Spanish Music thread.
So here we go again.

Serenata Española by Joaquim Malats - Played here by Paolo Hermosin

I know very little of Andulucia, having confined my three previous trips to the "straight across" route of the Camino Francais. As I sit here in a Missouri apartment drinking coffee which definitely lacks that kick of coffee champagne we all love, on a windless Monday just at the tip edge from summer to autumn, I find tears are streaming down my face. There is an inexplicable soul-longing, unfettered from guitars and coffee and Caminos and cathedrals. Something deep within me, in April 2002, a well-traveled newbie peregina gazing at snow from a Pamploa-bound train, sighed and said "I am home".

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2011), Camino Frances (2015), Camino Ingles (2017), Camino Muxia (2017), LePuy(2019)
Thank you. I have been walking the Bay Circuit Trail in Mssachusetts since August with another peregrina. I haven't decided if it is a training walk to prepare for returning to the Chemin de compostelle or a New England virtual camino, but I have thought of the Camino often while walking. As of today, we are two thirds along our way - 160 of 240 miles complete. This was my reward for today's section. Ultreia!

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock