Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Spanish Newspapers Online?

Susan Mark

Past OR future Camino
Future
Can anyone recommend a hopefully free, English language Spanish newspaper or news app to read while waiting to travel? I’d like to learn more of the current news of Spain.
Thank you…

Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

peregrina2000

Staff member
Can anyone recommend a hopefully free, English language Spanish newspaper or news app to read while waiting to travel? I’d like to learn more of the current news of Spain.
Thank you…
I think El País is the best newspaper in Spain. They print an English version, which does not include all of their articles, but a good many. It is certainly enough to keep you up to date.

For some reason, the Spanish version requires a subscription, but the English version does not.

Good news on today’s front page — Spain has the highest share of fully vaccinated individuals of the world’s “large countries.”

Past OR future Camino
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Thank you…
I like listening to Spain Speaks on You Tube. He reads from various Spanish newspapers and tells the news of the day. You can subscribe. I think this is the link to his page. Click on "Videos" to see the latest one.
Spain Speaks

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015, 2018, 2022
Agree. Spain Speaks and El Pais English.

Sometimes I can get a few articles in El Pias Spanish with Google translate in Chrome. The main stories in the two languages are often different, so I find it interesting to see what's considered important to Spainish speakers versus English. FWIW, Stuart from Spain Speaks usually quote from the Spanish edition.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Susan Mark

Past OR future Camino
Future
I think El País is the best newspaper in Spain. They print an English version, which does not include all of their articles, but a good many. It is certainly enough to keep you up to date.

For some reason, the Spanish version requires a subscription, but the English version does not.

Good news on today’s front page — Spain has the highest share of fully vaccinated individuals of the world’s “large countries.”
Thank you, I found El Pais in my App Store and have downloaded it.

dick bird

Past OR future Camino
Plata, Ingles, Madrid, Norte, Primitivo, Invierno, Aragones, Olvidado, Chemin D'Arles
Thank you…
RTVE (Spanish PBS/BBC) is also excellent: it is free and they have streamed programs (including news), they also have neat little 1 - 2 minute videos, brilliant for practising listening skills as well as full length TV and radio programs and podcasts. There is usually an explanatory text as well as the video. But they don't have an English language service, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings