• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spanish Newspapers Online?

Susan Mark

Time of past OR future Camino
Future
Can anyone recommend a hopefully free, English language Spanish newspaper or news app to read while waiting to travel? I’d like to learn more of the current news of Spain.
Thank you…

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Can anyone recommend a hopefully free, English language Spanish newspaper or news app to read while waiting to travel? I’d like to learn more of the current news of Spain.
Thank you…
I think El País is the best newspaper in Spain. They print an English version, which does not include all of their articles, but a good many. It is certainly enough to keep you up to date.

For some reason, the Spanish version requires a subscription, but the English version does not.

Good news on today’s front page — Spain has the highest share of fully vaccinated individuals of the world’s “large countries.”

Thank you…
I like listening to Spain Speaks on You Tube. He reads from various Spanish newspapers and tells the news of the day. You can subscribe. I think this is the link to his page. Click on "Videos" to see the latest one.
Spain Speaks

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Agree. Spain Speaks and El Pais English.

Sometimes I can get a few articles in El Pias Spanish with Google translate in Chrome. The main stories in the two languages are often different, so I find it interesting to see what's considered important to Spainish speakers versus English. FWIW, Stuart from Spain Speaks usually quote from the Spanish edition.

I think El País is the best newspaper in Spain. They print an English version, which does not include all of their articles, but a good many. It is certainly enough to keep you up to date.

For some reason, the Spanish version requires a subscription, but the English version does not.

Good news on today’s front page — Spain has the highest share of fully vaccinated individuals of the world’s “large countries.”
Thank you, I found El Pais in my App Store and have downloaded it.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Thank you…
RTVE (Spanish PBS/BBC) is also excellent: it is free and they have streamed programs (including news), they also have neat little 1 - 2 minute videos, brilliant for practising listening skills as well as full length TV and radio programs and podcasts. There is usually an explanatory text as well as the video. But they don't have an English language service, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my name is Xosé and I am doing a research on LGBT people who have done the Camino. I would be very grateful if you could help me through your experiences. If possible I would like to...
Can someone tell me what Spanish word is used in Spain to refer to hiking poles? Bastones? Palos? Also, as women in tv and movies generally are now referred to as "actores" rather than "actrices"...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back