Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spanish pilgrims on the Primitivo

peregrina2000

Staff member
Forum members might recognize Álvaro, who is one hard core peregrino. He is now on camino number 42, and is posting a youtube video every day. I just saw day 6, Berducedo to Fonsagrada. Things are open, there are masks, there is occasionally social distancing. And the scenery is as beautiful as always.

His youtube channel is here:

Here is the first stage

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I can't understand the language unfortunately but judging by what I see it appears to be OK to be doing the Camino in Spain at this time, given the precautions now being followed by pilgrims and hosts. Am I right in seeing it that way? Save for the masks, it looks relatively normal to me!

The Primitivo was the Camino he did prior to Lockdown in Spain so it seems like he has gone back because there is sufficient infrastructure to support a pilgrimage which requires albergues.
I have met him at least twice on Camino now and he was a definite one of our group of 10+ pilgrims who were going to start in Braga on 2nd April.
He is a big character and without knowing him more you could think he was just party orientated, but on my last Camino a group of us went for a meal in Mansilla, he had actively sought out an elder of the Camino de Santiago and over the course of the meal and evening he absorbed what the individual had to say about the way, he was attentive and focused on that gentleman's history, you could see he wants to know and feel the history of the Camino.
Buen Camino to Alvaro Lazaga

Ps the group he is in came in from some criticism on Ray and Rosas Primitivo Facebook page from other Spanish pilgrims, it turned into a bunfight. So it is not only extranjeros who are having this debate/ argument about doing the Camino again.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I can't understand the language unfortunately but ...
You can add subtitles (cc (closed captions) icon) and auto-translation on youtube (settings - subtitles - autotranslate) on the right bottom side of the you tube video.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There still seems to be a lot of places closed and some of them will not open this year , but others have posted that they will open in October.
For the camino Mozarabe to Santiago route.

On a Camino Primitivo group the pictures of two UK pilgrims were posted. The post said
they were the first non Spanish on this route since the easing of lockdown, they both looked in their twenties.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back