• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spanish police AlertCops app

H

HighlandsHiker

I heard about this app awhile back and tried to register for it today, as next Camino is upcoming - it wants a verification code that was sent via text to my number, but when it arrived (tried twice) they were 45-character codes that involved Sigma, Omega, umlauted letters and other characters that aren't on any phone I've ever seen including the accessory characters. Anyone know what's up with that?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Sounds weird. Have you tried a cut and paste?
OK, just tried that after figuring out how to copy and paste on an iPhone. Got an error message. Tried the other 2 codes I'd gotten earlier, but same thing. It's possible that it's only for Android users, but I don't see that in the English instructions anywhere. Thank you for responding! Now at least I know how to copy and paste on my iPhone:0)).

Last edited by a moderator:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I installed this on my phone last year when I was in Spain and don't recall any such problems. I had to wait until I inserted my Spain SIM card for it to work, though.

I installed this on my phone last year when I was in Spain and don't recall any such problems. I had to wait until I inserted my Spain SIM card for it to work, though.
Thanks! I'll try it again once in Spain.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Dang! There is one on Google Play for Android and one on iTunes for iphones - maybe wrong app?

When are you headed out? We leave this Thursday and start walking Sunday from Oviedo. Buen camino and safe travels.
Will head out from the east coast on the 16th, and start from Bilbao on the 19th, so will be a long way behind you guys. Just saw you'd done the Annapurna Circuit - have some acquaintances who enjoyed it, and it's on my list to do (along with about 5 other LD hikes). I'm really happy for you and hope you enjoy the Camino Primitivo - please write about it here if you get the chance, OK? Look out for the unlikely Woody Allen statue in Oviedo. They evidently have a mutual admiration society - he filmed parts of Vickie Christina Barcelona in Oviedo. Have a good flight and a safe hike!

Dang! There is one on Google Play for Android and one on iTunes for iphones - maybe wrong app?
Thanks, David. Yep, I got it from my iPhone's app store for iPhones, and it's the right icon and app inside - will try it again once over there and just use 112 in the unlikely event that anything big comes up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Will head out from the east coast on the 16th, and start from Bilbao on the 19th, so will be a long way behind you guys. Just saw you'd done the Annapurna Circuit - have some acquaintances who enjoyed it, and it's on my list to do (along with about 5 other LD hikes). I'm really happy for you and hope you enjoy the Camino Primitivo - please write about it here if you get the chance, OK? Look out for the unlikely Woody Allen statue in Oviedo. They evidently have a mutual admiration society - he filmed parts of Vickie Christina Barcelona in Oviedo. Have a good flight and a safe hike!
I will be posting on my blog. See the link in my signature below. You can sign up for email notifications when I post. I will try to start a thread here with a link to the posts. as I publish them. I'm not going to write stuff in both locations though. Too time consuming. Buen Camino

Last edited:
Irene, thank you so much! You've certainly done all the prep work, and with wilderness trekking experience, you'll probably love the Primitivo. Have you thought about doing the AT, PCT or CDT someday? Will be following your Primitivo blog with interest. You must be getting excited to be leaving! Maybe will see you again before you head out, but if not, safe travels and Buen Camino!!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.