• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spanish postal service

hunsta

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2015 Portuguese 2023 Ingles 2023
Firstly, apologize if this subject has been covered before.
I was just wondering what the Spanish postal service is like? Are they reasonable quick to ship posted goods or slow. And what about cost? Id more than likely want to post items back to Australia and as Ill be there for nearly 2 months, Id like to know if anything I send will beat me back.
Craig

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
In 2012 my brother posted some stuff back from Pamplona to Australia and it got there just fine. There are a selection of flatpack cardboard boxes at the post office starting at 5 kilo size and going up that we saw, you pick your box size and get as close to the weight in there then seal it. They check the weight and away it goes. Each box has the price it will cost marked on it.

Hi Craig!
If you're asking if Spanish parcel post will take two months to reach Australia, the answer - in normal circulstances - will be "No!" Spanish post is on a par with other European postal services. Letters to the UK are usually delivered in 3-5 days. A parcel from 5 to 10 days.
Of course Australia is a bit further than the UK ... but not much further in terms of flights/deliveries in this modern age.
Buen camino ... and don't worry about the post :)!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Craig!
If you're asking if Spanish parcel post will take two months to reach Australia, the answer - in normal circulstances - will be "No!" Spanish post is on a par with other European postal services. Letters to the UK are usually delivered in 3-5 days. A parcel from 5 to 10 days.
Of course Australia is a bit further than the UK ... but not much further in terms of flights/deliveries in this modern age.
Buen camino ... and don't worry about the post :)!
I meant I was going to be there 2 months. I sure it doesn't take 2 months for the mail to get through. Not even China is that slow.
Thanks for the replies
Craig

We mailed postcards home to the grandchildren all along the Camino Frances earlier this year and they got to their destination just fine. The ones I posted from really obscure wee villages took a few days more than the ones sent from cities and larger towns but all in all the grandies had new cards waiting for them most days when they came home from school! We are from New Zealand and it cost 92 cents for a stamp. We also used one of the boxes mentioned above to send some gear onward to Santiago when we hit that moment where carrying extra stuff is no longer tolerable. We gave away a lot of stuff but had just a few items we couldn't part with and we were able to pick the box up when we got to Santiago. By then it was like opening a Christmas present! That cost about 15 euros from memory but not positive about the cost. All I know is it was a blessing not to carry the extra 3 kgs we sent on and another blessing to have my comfy trainers back to lounge about in once we reached Santiago.

I found the postal service A+

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
The logical thing for me to do is bring a Kindle, but TBH I like books, and for me leaving electronic gubbins behind while I do the Camino, appeals. I am thinking of taking one book on The...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.