• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spanish SIM card for iphone

Carol Wolter

Time of past OR future Camino
Starting May 10, 2016
hello,
I am starting the Camino on May 10 and wondering what to do about phone service. Dos anyone know how difficult it is to get a Spanish SIM card for an iPhone? Is it expensive? Do you continue to have access to all your datea and contacts on your phone? Can you continue to use your apps? What happens to your AT&T account back home? Thanks

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
hello,
I am starting the Camino on May 10 and wondering what to do about phone service. Dos anyone know how difficult it is to get a Spanish SIM card for an iPhone? Is it expensive? Do you continue to have access to all your datea and contacts on your phone? Can you continue to use your apps? What happens to your AT&T account back home? Thanks
Hola, Carol,

I'm sure you can get all the answers from the same forum section you've posted this question. Look here:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/mobile-phones-and-tablets.120/

Search option is also available in upper right corner of main page.
It's not that I don't want to answer your questions it's just that all those has been answered at least 10 times this year and nothing much has changed in 4 months I'm sure :)

Ultreia!

hello,
As @KinkyOne said, there is a lot of discussion of your questions that you can browse through. I'll just add that when you remove your AT&T sim card, you disconnect only the cell phone service. Your apps, data and contacts are all stored on the phone memory and will still function if you insert a Spanish SIM card. The only thing that changes is the telephone number and, of course, the contract with the Spanish phone service provider. When you put the AT&T card back in after your trip everything will return to normal with your AT&T number and account.

Spanish SIM cards are easy to get. However, you need to check with AT&T to find out about "unlocking" your phone if you intend to get one.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
Starting our Camino on May 6. Super excited! These forums have been awesome! Doing Coastal Portuguese from Porto with my daughter and her girlfriend. Definitely packing good lightweight rain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.