• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spanish Vodafone SIM - User Types?

Robo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
I'm hoping someone can explain this....... I'm obviously missing something here :)

I usually buy my SIM cards online before I leave home. (they mail them anywhere)
This is a site I have used in the past.
http://www.simcardspain.es/en/article/34-vodafone-yuser-faq

But........

I am struggling to understand the implications of the three types of prepaid user account.
Yuser
Superyuser
Megayuser

1. Do you have to specify the user type when buying the SIM
  2. What are the differences in the types. Is it just the 'ratio' of data to calls?
  3. So when recharging, does the credit get applied in the same 'ratio' (data/calls)
  4. I presume they all have the same call charges.

Sorry to be so dim about this, but the website doesn't explain it that well, and I thought someone here might have used these SIMs recently and know. :oops:

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
How about the Vodafone prepaid Tourist SIM? For €15 you get 3GB of data and 60min in calls back to Australia, automatically renews again after 4 weeks, just be sure top off with another €15 before the end of the 4th week.
https://www.vodafone.es/c/particulares/es/tienda/movil/tourist-in-spain-vf/

SIM for Spain has it for €29.95, or you could wait till you get to Spain for €15.
http://www.simcardspain.es/en/148-n...epaid-4g-lte-sim-card-internet-for-spain.html

I'll certainly check those out. Thanks.

This year I switched my SIM card based on a couple of comments on the forum that I should try www.simcardspain.es
I bought the card with a balance of 10 Euros and I was supposed to have text and data. I double checked this because I needed to be able to call ahead to make reservations if needed and I wanted to be able to post some live photos.
The first time I used it I was told that I needed to add money because I had less than 1 minute of calling! I had not used any data or texting to this point. I had to make the call so added 4 Euros and made a call that was less than 60 seconds long (reservation at an albergue). The next time I went to make a similar call-again I was told that I only had 1 minute left. I barely had time to make the reservation. It's a good thing that I'm fluent in Spanish and speak fast!
I NEVER had data, not for one moment. Every time I tried to text or call it just wanted more money. I ended up spending the original cost of the card plus about 10 Euros just so that I could make 3 calls that totaled 3 minutes. I send them an email asking what was going on and never received a reply. Now when I try to log on to see my account-they deleted it. Stay away.
I'm going to stick with OneSimCard. They are a lot more expensive but I can call from anywhere in the world and their data plan is reliable. I feel so ripped off and the fact that they now are keeping me from accessing the account that shows that I purchased a card just solidifies for me that they are shady.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am using lebara.es at the moment and am happy with it - one word of caution, if you plan to use a lot of data, go for their 6GB plan/19 Euro as you can change their plan (yes, it is a prepaid card!) only after your previous plan has expired after one month. The additional 'bono' are more expensive. Buen Camino, SY

Lebara and other brands should be bought and activated the day you need them. Recharge the amount you'll need soon. A Lebara SIM expires 3 months after recharging.
The prices changed a little. Now you'll get 6GB @ 15€. You'll have 1000min to many countries, but only SMS inside Spain.

another change since early 2017: EU roaming rules permit most europeans to go abroad and use the contract the same way (same cost!) as at home.

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.