A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

Spanish Weather App

Camino(s) past & future
Some but not all, and other routes too.
Can anybody point me in the right direction of a good Spanish weather app, I've been searching but haven't been able to fond anything that gives me the information of local areas.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances: September 24 - October 31 (2015); February/March (2019)
Eltiempo.es+

I got that tip from @t2andreo. When searching for the app, make sure to type the name exactly as shown. I didn’t the first time and got some strange nonworking app.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 to 2018
You want Eltiempo.es+ Type in the app search just like that "eltiempo.es+"

The developer, AEMET is the Official Spanish National Weather Service. This is their official app. IT IS FREE!

They have hundreds of solar-powered, autonomous weather sensor / reporting stations located in just about every named place in Spain. Some of the tiniest and most remote hamlets in agricultural areas can be found. If you cannot get an accurate weather picture and forecast for the EXACT place you are at on Camino, you can certainly get one for the next place up or down the senda.

The app also has several hundred thousand places from all over the world. So, this could be your sole weather app.

In the opinion of many, including me, this is the BEST weather app for the Camino, at least in Spain.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Kiernan

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés febr/march (2012)
Camino Francés febr/march (2019)
Actually, eltiempo.es use data from AEMET, but doesn't belong to the Official Spanish National Weather Service.
Anyway, both of them are very good, free, and so reliable....as Meteo can be! ;)

K.

Camino(s) past & future
Some but not all, and other routes too.
You want Eltiempo.es+ Type in the app search just like that "eltiempo.es+"

The developer, AEMET is the Official Spanish National Weather Service. This is their official app. IT IS FREE!

They have hundreds of solar-powered, autonomous weather sensor / reporting stations located in just about every named place in Spain. Some of the tiniest and most remote hamlets in agricultural areas can be found. If you cannot get an accurate weather picture and forecast for the EXACT place you are at on Camino, you can certainly get one for the next place up or down the senda.

The app also has several hundred thousand places from all over the world. So, this could be your sole weather app.

In the opinion of many, including me, this is the BEST weather app for the Camino, at least in Spain.

Hope this helps.
Thank you kind Sir, I have downloaded the app, @tomnorth recommended it to me yesterday, I'm sure I'll find it becomes my best friend next year.

Gerard Hazelebach

Gerard and Paulien
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (SJPdP - Santiago) September 2014
"The Peace Walk” (Vienna - Venice) August 2015
Can anybody point me in the right direction of a good Spanish weather app, I've been searching but haven't been able to fond anything that gives me the information of local areas.
Try the App : Eltiempo.es+ . IT works very good and is accurate 2D49945E-C084-404E-A46A-88A665BADE4F.png d and is accurate AND free

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Francés 2013, 2014
Portugués 2016
Norte 1st half 2018
Norte 2nd half 2019
+ Via Francigena 2017
I've had good luck with the Yahoo weather app. It doesn't have the tiny villages but does have the middle sized and larger towns.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 187 24.6%