• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Special people and Diary opportunity

tony l

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2018
Good morning to all viewers of this site. I walked the Way last year in September 2018. Really enjoyed the experience and planning other walks. My one regret is I met some lovely people but never exchanged details. Just maybe they may read this article. Anyway had some great advice from a dutch/german lady who was keeping a diary open for her family and friends using Polarsteps(PS). I kept a simple written diary and converted it to a keepsake using (PS) later. Its a great idea and a lovely keepsake. Going back to missing getting contact details. I bumped into 'Dutch' a lovely women several times walking the same route and timescale. She was a really lovely person and I took it for granted would meet her again. The last time was 16 days in El Burgo Ranero. I had picked up a bug and was ill the previous day at Ledigos but walked it off on route to El Burgo. This lovely Dutch girl joined us for Dinner and was just fabulous company. I was really weak from being poorly so had to sleep early evening. Sadly did not see her again. The reason I write is to say dont take it for granted that you will meet again. If you are lucky to meet people you connect well with than take their details or at least their name. Attached is a linked to my diary I share so you know what a fab keepsake you can create either on route or on your return.

Wishing you all well on route and for miles yet to come. Best wishes - Tony or as my Dutch would say 'hello/hi English'. Buen Camino to all.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Good point, we never know when we part if we will bump into eachother again. My top tip is to have your details written down, like in the front or back of your diary, and suggest they can take a photo of it (even the info in your credencial, though you might not want to share your passport details with people). Everybody has a camera or at least one on their mobile, and if you give them your details, it is up to them to respond. If they then decide to give you theirs as well to be on the safe side, all is good. And always be prepared not to hear from people again - life happens, things change, some people like to stay in touch and some don't. I am very happy I have stayed in touch with some people I met walking, and some sadly just disappeared, that's how it is.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I had the same regret after my 2016 camino. We met so many great people and I never took their contact information, just counting on the fact that we would meet again. It was my one big regret from the camino. So, before my next camino I had a personal sello made up with a drawing of me (the one I use for my avatar here), the word "Ultreia!" and my email address. It makes it easy to share my details - I can just stamp them in people's credencials or on a handy piece of paper.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back