• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Specific Name of Miam Miam Dodo App for Camino Le Puy and Where to Find

Florida Bill

Time of past OR future Camino
2014 did Frances and plan to Le Puy in 2023
Can someone please tell me the specific name of the Miam Miam Dodo electronic app for the Camino Le Puy and where I can find it (Amazon,…etc)?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I just looked at the website of "le vieux crayon", the publisher of the Miam Miam Dodo. Ther was no mention of the app anymore. Also the e- bookversion is not available at the moment

@Florida Bill - as I wrote on your other thread regarding MMDD App -

the only camino Le Puy App I’m aware of is the Wise Pilgrim app. Note the Camino Le Puy is also known as the Via Podiensis, as is the case with the wise pilgrim app.

As per my post earlier, both the Miam Miam Dodo and Cicerone e-guidebooks are available from Amazon and can be downloaded to and read on the free Kindle app - I’m pretty sure the kindle app is available for both iPhones / IPads and android devices.

Others may know more. But, so far, it seems that there is no current Miam Miam Dodo app for Camino Le Puy. It certainly doesn't appear on my App Store search.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I purchased and downloaded Miam Miam Dodo's ebook in July 2022 for the Le Puy route. It could only be read using an app called 'Flux Player.' if the ebook is still available, they walk you through the instructions to download and read it. Hope that helps!

I can't help you with the Miam Miam Dodo, but the Buen Camino app has several routes in France including Le Puy.

Screenshot_20221220-102851.png

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Can someone please tell me the specific name of the Miam Miam Dodo electronic app for the Camino Le Puy and where I can find it (Amazon,…etc)?
Sadly, the MMD app is no longer available ... there were too many technical
issues maintaining and updating it to work on multiple platforms ... so it twas discontinued several years ago and has been «replaced» by en electronic version of their printed guidebooks ...

p.s. depending on what exactly you are looking for in an app, you might like to try Wise Pilgrim for the Via Podiensis [easy to use but some accomm. info is out-of-date; nevertheless I found it useful this year]; Buen Camino for the Via Podiensis [very basic and missing a lot of info; looks like it is under construction] ... if it is maps that you are looking for, and VERY accurate ones at that, iPhiGéNie and GeoPortail are the go-to apps imho ...

Thank you @BlackRocker57 for the up to date information. 🙏 I had previously mentioned the 2022 Cicerone guide and the Wise Pilgrim App to the OP on this and another of his threads on the subject, but don't know whether he saw that or other replies.

Anyhoo, I've decided that you and @Dave are my 'go to' for all things Le Puy! 😉 It's been quite a few years since I walked that glorious path. Looking forward to the next time, and excited that we will soon be living right on it! 😎

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you @BlackRocker57 for the up to date information. 🙏 I had previously mentioned the Wise Pilgrim App to the OP on this and another of his threads on the subject, but don't know whether he saw that or other replies.

Anyhoo, I've decided that you and @Dave are my 'go to' for all things Le Puy! 😉 It's been quite a few years since I walked that glorious path. Looking forward to the next time, and excited that we will soon be living right on it! 😎
Chère Pèlerina, thank you for your kind words ... Dave and I are well-known recidivists on this beautiful path and it is in our interests to stay up-to-date on all [or most things] Le Puy 😅 Certainly, very exciting that you will be living right on it‼️

as I tried to note above, the Wise Pilgrim app is fine, I did refer to it this year from time to time and it has some good features, but I did notice that there were some gaps in the accomm. and services info ... and some of the information was out of date ... but it’s not a big deal in the scheme of things.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.