• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spice up ANY PRESENTATION with photos from Camino Frances

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2016, CP 2017, CF SJPP-Astorga 2021
Honestly – all presentations could be somewhat improved through use of some photos from any Camino – my favorite is Camino Frances. I lecture about mental health, addiction and treatment and in addition I like giving the audience a visual experience – or at least let the bored or uninterested have something nice to look at. It is more inspiring (and of course more time consuming) for me as I always use some photos from Camino Frances. In addition to being just nature, birds, plants, bridges, buildings in all styles, shapes and forms – the pictures can serve as symbols of populations birds in trees, symptoms of mental health problems, withdrawal, barriers, help seeking difficulties, overcoming barriers to seek and enter treatment, support, treatment alliance, hope, future & Christmas. It really works. Pictures, no text. I am looking forward to my next trip – have (of course) postponed Camino Frances from March to September/October 2021 – and will take more photos this time. I miss the greenery and scenery!

Anyone who use photos from any Camino in presentations? To symbolize something else?

Attachments

• Falling apart.JPG
    Falling apart.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Hope.png
    Hope.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • Barrier.jpg
    Barrier.jpg
    540.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Unaccessable services.jpg
    Unaccessable services.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Treatment alliance.png
    Treatment alliance.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 63
  • Spiral.png
    Spiral.png
    977.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Step by step.png
    Step by step.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
  • What the future may bring.jpg
    What the future may bring.jpg
    536.1 KB · Views: 67
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
And of course - archways and tunnels and everything overgrown could be used for almost everything having to do with change and building on something. And cattle in rainy Galicia could serve as the opposite of 'user involvement'. If they could choose - I think they would prefer not standing in mud while eating. But at least their food is kept dry. Even the shredding bark of eucalyptus trees could illustrate human experiences....

Attachments

• Hope - will get better.jpg
    Hope - will get better.jpg
    549.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Always something to build on.png
    Always something to build on.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
  • Opposite of user involvement.jpg
    Opposite of user involvement.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 54
  • Withdrawal.png
    Withdrawal.png
    845.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
IMG_0424.jpgIMG_0385.jpgIMG_0455.jpg

I asked the rider if I could take the photo- held up my camera - did not to be obnoxious tourtist,
He gave me a thumbs up----- and I got this amazing shot.

Church is a Capella - visiting preist do baptism -weddings -last rites- no clergry lives there.

Tree is in the middle of a wheat field - saw farmer go out to inspect new crop - middle of French Camino in Spain's bread basket.

Tile is self evident.

Saint James the Patron Saint of Spain who most real historians believe never set foot in Spain - much less was buried in a 3th century Roman Cemetery in Galicia ---that became the city of Santiagio de Compostala.

Wishfull 9th century thinking - the body was discovered by a crazy hermit in the same year" Charlemagne died 814. There was no marker - nothing to actually identify the body - but they needed a patron saint to unite them against the Moors -
Self- fullfiiling Prophecy--- If a fake relic perfoms like a real one, then it is "ipso facto" the real thing.

Read Holy Bones - Holy Dust by Charles Feeman about all the fake relics in Europe in the 9th century.

Or -- Furtra Sacra --by Patrick Geary "Thefts of relics in the middle ages"

Press Release Photo Santiago.jpgI

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
View attachment 88599View attachment 88600View attachment 88601

I asked the rider if I could take the photo- held up my camera - did not to be obnoxious tourtist,
He gave me a thumbs up----- and I got this amazing shot.

Church is a Capella - visiting preist do baptism -weddings -last rites- no clergry lives there.

Tree is in the middle of a wheat field - saw farmer go out to inspect new crop - middle of French Camino in Spain's bread basket.

Tile is self evident.

Saint James the Patron Saint of Spain who most real historians believe never set foot in Spain - much less was buried in a 3th century Roman Cemetery in Galicia ---that became the city of Santiagio de Compostala.

Wishfull 9th century thinking - the body was discovered by a crazy hermit in the same year" Charlemagne died 814. There was no marker - nothing to actually identify the body - but they needed a patron saint to unite them against the Moors -
Self- fullfiiling Prophecy--- If a fake relic perfoms like a real one, then it is "ipso facto" the real thing.

Read Holy Bones - Holy Dust by Charles Feeman about all the fake relics in Europe in the 9th century.

Or -- Furtra Sacra --by Patrick Geary "Thefts of relics in the middle ages"

View attachment 88602I
I really like the small stories that comes with your pictures

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
View attachment 88614
How about this for a first aid presentation? ;)
Absolutely - will work really well in a first aid presentation for blisters.
(But I have seen worse - for example a marathon runner who planned to walk more than 50km+/daily (Camino Frances) in not waterproof runners. Unfortunately, he had to return home after having severe blisters covering the sole of both feet that made walking impossible.)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back