• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spirits (of a liquid kind!) on the camino

sillydoll said:
The University of Santiago de Compostela says that drinking red wine might help ward off cancer, with a glass a day reducing the risk of lung cancer by 13 per cent compared to non-drinkers.

Sounds like my kind of school! So, with the huge amount of cheap, but good, red vino available on the Camino - does that mean walking the Way once a year will lead to...immortality? Is the Camino the true Fountain of Youth? Mebbe Ponce de Leon was trying to throw us off...the Trail?

Hmmmm - better book my flight soon before gas goes farther up and the dollar sinks farther down...and this time, I'm bringing my own cup and wine thermos! :wink: :arrow:

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Working on that principle V you're already living forever several times over - like the guy who met a fairy on the Camino who offered three wishes - " I want a bottle of Tinto that never empties" he asked. It was granted and there appeared the very bottle. He took a drink and it automoatically refilled. "What do you want for your second wish?" the fairy asked. " Another magic bottle of course" was the reply.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Well, Arn, you probably knew that I could NOT let that comment pass ....

We know that Newport is beautiful...and I'm not a fan of green beer, green soda bread and my blood is green.... but "the home of the Americn Irish"????? I have a funny feeling that your hometown of Chicago, Boston and even sections of the Bronx might have something to say about that!!!! Although I will concede that any town with an Irish Pub becomes (unfortunately!) "the home of the American Irish" on St. Patrick's Day! :mrgreen:

Happy St. Padraic's Day!

To all the Class of 2009!

This topic contains some of the most interesting, funny and best tasting threads you'll find.

It's long, but it will make you laugh, sit up and take notice of the many and varied 'spirits' you'll discover along the Way.

And, I assure you...that if you don't sit up...it's because you can't.

Buen dos cerveza grande..por favor Camino,

Arn

The newest vintage of homemade Vermut is appearing now in Quality Bars On a Camino Near You. OMG. Perfect for a sunny Sunday after-church kick in the pants.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
How wonderful to resurrect this thread! Just the perfect send off for my trip to Spain tomorrow! Vinotinto, here I come! 38 hours and counting to arrival in Madrid!
Buen Camino,

Does anyone know about this?

A number of years ago I faintly recall watching an episode of the old Lonely Planet about the Camino. The presenter (for some reason I think it was Ian Wright) stopped at a monastery for the night and was given a pilgrim's grog. The interesting part was they used a base like starter dough that was hundreds of years old. Does this ring a bell with anyone or did I just dream this up?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
...not that all my postings on this subject will create a rather hazy impression, BUT...

Those traveling the Camino Portuguese (or just hanging out in Galicia) might want to check out an arcane tipple native to Pontevedra. It´s served at the As Maristas bar in Plaza Verdura. It´s distilled from raisins. And it´s called "Tumba Dios." "God Falls Down."

You only need one to see triple!

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.