• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spiritual pilgrimage

Travelite

Time of past OR future Camino
First camino beginning September 2018
Hi all. Will be doing my very first Camino Frances around mid September 2018. I am south African and will be doing the Camino solo. After reading a lot about this route via your forum I am confident all will go well. A question : is it at all possible to sleep under the stars rather than in rooms? That would be my preference. Oh, BLISTERS! I'm very prone to those and would like some advise on how to minimise their occurrence. Thanks(lily)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
would like some advise on how to minimise their occurrence.
A foot lubricating treatment (I prefer a silicone ointment or roll on) and properly fitting boots are your best hope. A polypropolene or silk liner sock and good wool or wool blend outer sock help. Rest your feet hourly, and dry them. Reapply the lubricant as necessary. If you feel a hot spot, stop. Treat your foot before it becomes a blister.

Impatience can be your worst enemy! Take it easy.:)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
A foot lubricating treatment (I prefer a silicone ointment or roll on) and properly fitting boots are your best hope. A polypropolene or silk liner sock and good wool or wool blend outer sock help. Rest your feet hourly, and dry them. Reapply the lubricant as necessary. If you feel a hot spot, stop. Treat your foot before it becomes a blister.

Impatience can be your worst enemy! Take it easy.:)
Thanks. Will follow that suggestion.

What about sleeping in the open? Is this at all possible. Perhaps I'm being a little eccentric? We camp out rough ( without tents) a lot in this country and thoroughly enjoy that.

Also South Africans starting on 19 Sept in SJPD for our first Camino. When will you start?

I’m sure sleeping under the stars is possible. I only saw one person doing it on my falltime Camino. I suspect you’d need to be outside the cities. I don’t know how the villages feel about it. Regarding blisters, you could compile a book with all the good advice here on this website. I suggest searching the forum and you’ll get tons of information on how to prevent blisters and treat them if you do get them. The first place to start is your footwear and socks.

I’m sure sleeping under the stars is possible. I only saw one person doing it on my falltime Camino. I suspect you’d need to be outside the cities. I don’t know how the villages feel about it. Regarding blisters, you could compile a book with all the good advice here on this website. I suggest searching the forum and you’ll get tons of information on how to prevent blisters and treat them if you do get them. The first place to start is your footwear and socks.
Thanks, will read as many as I can find.

Well, climbing to O'Cebreiro can be quite challenging for your feet. As an alternative of reaching the top of the mountain you can considering going up by donkey.

Personally, I cannot recommend it: if I'm going to have blisters I prefer to have them as far away from my head as possible ....

You can definitely sleep under the stars, the trick is finding a place to do it that isn't private land. Shouldn't be too hard, but you might struggle near the cities. I wasn't looking out for them, but I did see a couple of pilgrim huts along the Way. You could camp in or outside those.

Re the blisters, do not under any circumstances wet your feet and then keep walking! That was the only time I got a blister in all six weeks! Even if you think you've dried them well, you've softened your feet up ridiculously, so even the slightest rub will blister. I made sure my feet were clean and very dry in the mornings then rubbed them in vaseline before putting my socks on.

Plus all the usual stuff about breaking in your shoes, making sure your socks are the right size etc. If you're especially prone to blisters, chances are you're probably going to get them at some point. It's the dealing with them that differs. Personally, I prefer the leeching method: take a needle and thread, put it through the blister and leave the thread hanging from the 2 holes (in and out) by about an inch either side before you go to bed. The liquid drains out overnight and basically leaves a callous in place. Don't take that off, leave the skin patch on as it will protect the sensitive area.

Hope this helps!

Buen Camino!

Marchioness.

Hi all. Will be doing my very first Camino Frances around mid September 2018. I am south African and will be doing the Camino solo. After reading a lot about this route via your forum I am confident all will go well. A question : is it at all possible to sleep under the stars rather than in rooms? That would be my preference. Oh, BLISTERS! I'm very prone to those and would like some advise on how to minimise their occurrence. Thanks(lily)

Hi, Travelite...
I've included a few of my previous posts to help you consider the blister issue. It is a bit lengthy, but I hope it will be of assistance.

From my previous posts:

--------------------------------------------------------
Blisters are a product of friction.... often referred to as shear force friction. The skin of your foot, and the sock that is in contact with that area of skin, are sliding and rubbing together.

Strategies for the prevention of shear force friction and blisters have changed and matured over recent years.
  1. A properly fitting shoe. In brief, it needs to be long enough and wide enough to accomodate any insoles, orthotics, metatarsal pads, etc, PLUS the socks that you will be wearing, PLUS the increased pressure on the feet from wearing a loaded pack.
  2. Light padded Merino wool sock designed for walking or backpacking, or the same type of sock in a good synthetic blend. A heavy pad on a sock allows potentially more movement against the skin, takes longer to air out, and takes longer to dry when washed.
  3. A sock fit that is snug and form fitting to the foot, but not gangrene-inducingly tight. You want the shear force to be between the sock and the interior of the shoe, not the sock and the skin. A snug fitting sock will help to make that happen.
  4. Allow the sock to move a bit in the shoe. By keeping the shoes a bit looser on the feet, the sock will take the brunt of the shear force. If a shoe is tied snug, then that forces the foot to move more in the sock, which means the sock and skin are absorbing the shear force. An exception occurs on long downhill grades; the shoes need to be tied tight enough to keep your toes from hitting the front of the shoe which can cause injury and trauma to the nail bed and toe joints.
  5. While there are foot lubricants, from Body Glide and Hiker's Goo to plain old vaseline, the have a fairly short viable working span as the material rubs of the skin and is absorbed by the socks. For prophylactic protection from shear force friction, a long lasting barrier is the better option. The placement of tapes, like Leukotape P, or moleskin-type products, if adhered correctly, will last the whole day.
  6. To apply tapes and moleskin type products,
    1. Clean off the area of application with a bit of alcohol to remove grease, dirt, and body oils. A bit of regular hand sanitizer works for this, in addition to hand cleansing.
    2. Cut a piece of your chosen barrier material to fit the area you want protected; be sure to cut rounded corners rather than square in order to help the material from rolling up away from the skin.
    3. Apply a thin smear of Tincture of Benzoin to the skin area where the adhesive will stick. This will increase the holding power of the tape or moleskin.
      1. If the tape or moleskin, etc. is going on top of a blistered area, avoid getting the benzoin on the roof area of the blister, and add a thin coating of ointment/vaseline onto the blister roof, avoiding the surrounding skin area. This will allow removal of the product without hurting the blister wound.
    4. Place the barrier on the area, taking care to not handle the adhesive; spend a bit of time rubbing the material to create friction so that the adhesive will heat up and adhere more firmly.
    5. At the end of the day, remove the barrier and use some alcohol to wipe the area that was covered.
      1. Since fungus (athletes foot) and pathogens splash around in showers, shower shoes are not necessarily preventative to one's feet being exposed or infected. It is helpful to use an alcohol or astringent product applied to the feet after showering.

-------------------------------------------------------
As you go looking for shoes (my recommendation would be to strongly consider trail runners) here are some tips that may help you.
  1. When you go to the store, do so toward the end of the day.... you will have been up on your feet, so that will help with getting the correct fit. Additionally, you will need to wear the same backpack with the same gear you will be carrying... you want this additional weight on you as this will put the same downward pressure on the foot that you will be having while on Camino.
  2. Wear the exact same sock(s) you will be wearing while you are walking on the Camino. And if you have a special insole or orthotic, bring it with you.
  3. At the store, the measuring that will be done on your feet is only to get you in the ballpark for the correct shoe size.
  4. Start by standing up; never measure while sitting. You want the full weight of your body, with the pack on, to put the same pressure on your feet to spread them out as will happen while walking. That alone will increase the volume and size of your feet.
  5. Make sure those 'Camino' socks are on your feet; if you wear socks with liners while walking, do the same thing at the store.
  6. While standing, have someone near to you that you can use to steady yourself. With the measuring device on the ground, step onto the instrument and center all of your weight onto the foot being measured. Do the same for the other foot.
  7. Start with that size, but be aware that both the width and the length need to feel like there is adequate room for your feet. Ideally, like Goldilocks, everything will be just right. But, don't count on it. Be picky.
  8. If you have special insoles or orthotics, put them into any shoe you try on as they will take up space inside the shoe.
  9. When you find what you think will fit you well, you will need to see if your toes have enough clearance. Toes should not be able to be forced to the front of the shoe and touch the shoe. Not even a little. If they do, long walking and downhill grades on the trail or path or road will traumatize the bed of the nail, and that is when toenails can blacken and fall off.
  10. With your shoes tied securely, but not too tight, walk around the store with your pack on. Go up stairs and down stairs, scuff the shoes to the floor so that your feet are forced to do any movement they will do and see if your toes so much as butterfly kiss the front of the shoe. Kick the front of the shoe into a post or stair or wall or someone's shin.... does that make any of your toes touch the front of the shoe? That goes for all the little piggies.
  11. Next, pay attention to the width of the shoe. It shouldn't feel snug on the sides and there should be no rubbing or pressure points at all. They will not go away with "break in". They will create soreness, pain, and blistering. Even if it seems to be tolerable, it is like water torture; as your feet are continually exposed to those pressure points your feet will break down against them bit by bit, and bruising, blisters, and soreness will follow.
  12. You may need to go up a size to a size and a half in length, and go with a wider width to avoid those things I mentioned above. The notion that one avoids blisters by wearing snug footwear has been shown to do just the opposite.

-----------------------------------------------

First, let me say that I have no vested interest in Armaskin Socks. I have never been in contact with the company that manufactures the product, nor do I have any wholesale or retail or stock market, etc. connections which will earn me cash if someone purchases this product. Buy them or don’t buy them, curse them or praise them, I Don’t Care.

Conclusion and Bottom Line: When used properly, Armaskin Anti-blister Socks can be effective at preventing blisters.

The Specifics

Background
A lot of forum members know that I am hired by various backpacking gear, footwear, and clothing manufacturers to test their products for quality assurance, usability, and the workability of modifications and prototypes. My reports go to the company that has hired me for their internal use; I do not publish reviews, or test stuff to provide public recommendations.

I decided to post about Armaskins after recently learning of them. I was curious as to the claims made about them. As a Forum member, I know a lot of others might also be interested in the blister prevention claims, too. There are also some participants who have tried them previously and recommend them.

This post is not a recommendation for or against this product. I am providing the information based on experienced observation, and I make no specific claims that my findings will equally apply to anyone else.

Rationale and Motivation to Test Armaskins
I wanted to know if Armaskin Socks effectively implements the known and effective blister prevention strategies which it appears to incorporate. I also wanted to provide more objective information for those who interested in trying Armaskins but are hesitant to do so because of their price point. It is my hope that having additional information will make the price point less of an issue should one really want to give Armaskins a try but are concerned over cost-benefit.

As a gear tester, I felt I have the skills and objectivity to cut through the hyperbole and marketing claims and look at the individual ‘ingredients’ of these sock’s manufacture for their actual effectiveness toward blister prevention.

Armaskin socks have been around for a while. Until recently, I was not aware of them until a Forum contributor posted a bit of information about them. That post intrigued me, so I did a quick online look about the sock; specifically, what is the makeup of the sock that is special or different which functions to prevent blisters.

After a bit of research, and ignoring the glowing marketing testimonials, I felt like the Armaskins deserved a hands-on look. What got my attention was the fact that, unlike other ‘anti-blister’ socks, this sock incorporated stated and proven techniques to either prevent blisters, or to prolong the time for blister formation to occur. Prolonging the time for blisters to form is also important in preventing blister formation, because it allows more time for a person to recognize the formation of irritations and hotspots on the feet so that they can be effectively dealt with.

What is the big boogeyman of blister formation? Shear force friction. In a nutshell, you want to keep the friction causing heat of the shear force between the sock and the shoe, and away from the sock and the skin. Do this and there will be no blistering in 99.9% of all cases.

How does it appear Armaskins accomplish this goal?
  • A snug fit of the sock.
  • A sock material which reduces the coefficient of friction.
  • Providing a material buffer between the shear friction force and the skin of the foot.
Gear Test
The socks are made of a slick feeling synthetic material, with a defined seamed area at the toes and the heel. More on the seams later. Applied to the interior of the sock is a flexible, durable, and grippy rubbery-type compound. It is a silicone-based menu of stuff, but it is inert and is said to be breathable.

There are four basic sock sizes. One picks the Armaskin sock size based on their sizing chart; the sizing chart utilizes your sock size to determine if you need a Small, Medium, Large, or Extra-Large size. As with some others whose review had stated that the Armaskin Chart guide selections were too small, I had to go with a Large, rather than the Medium that the Chart said I needed. I had purchased two pair, one in the size the Chart indicated was my size, and the other was a size larger. I ended up returning the Medium sized sock.

Each of the socks in the pair have a defined shape to them --- when looking at them, it is easy to see which sock is for the right foot and which for the left. I experimented putting them on in the dark, and it was simple for me to feel the shape of each sock, so the proper match would be made to the foot in question.

My technique for putting the sock on was to scrunch the top of the sock down to the toe. Then, once my toes were successfully ensconced, I would roll-tug them up, over the heel and up to final position. I always made additional adjustments to getting things properly aligned. With my foot size, the required sized sock which fit, had the heel location up above the back of my heel onto the lower part of my Achilles tendon. It couldn’t be helped, it was just the way it was. :)

Important Note: If you are a user of a lubricating medium on your feet to help prevent blisters -- like Body Glide or Vaseline, etc. – you cannot use such things with Armaskin socks; such stuff will make the socks ineffective.

Even with a larger size Armaskin, the fit is very snug. My initial reaction was concern that the amount of compression on my foot would create problems with hours of wear. For me, such turned out not to be the case. I can understand where it would be possible for some folks to find this level of snugness objectionable, and even constricting enough of blood circulation in the foot to cause cramping or other discomforts. In my case, none of those issue appeared.

Once on, the Armaskins do not slip or really move around on the foot. The snugness and the ‘grippy-ness’ keep things in place. This is one of the reasons it is important to have the sock lay smooth on the foot with no lumps or rucks of material; get the sock smooth and it will stay that way.

Here is where the Armaskin Socks are not really a liner sock, or a part of a dual sock system in the traditional sense. With the old-school technique, the traditional use of a thin liner sock is used under a thicker sock as a system to try and prevent blisters. The Armaskin does not need an outer sock to prevent blisters; it only needs the outer sock to protect the Armaskin from premature wear and tear. Thus, it is not a "double-sock liner system".

If one does not care how long their Armaskin Socks will last, you can wear the Armaskin by itself and will still do the job it was designed to do. The Armaskin, by itself, will keep the shear force’s blister-causing friction from the skin on the foot, and keep it between the Armaskin and the shoe where it belongs.

I spent over 160 miles hiking in all sorts of backpacking terrain, under all sorts of backpack weights, using the Armaskin in a variety of shoe and insole combinations, using them with and without an outer sock, and subjected to all kinds of dirt, grit, mud and wet. I never really felt at-risk of getting blisters. One caveat, though, as a full disclosure: It is unusual for me to blister.

That being said, I have gotten blisters before and I do, infrequently, deal with hotspots and recognize the conditions which put me at-risk for developing those hot spots. I took great pains to recreate those kinds of conditions with gusto.

Many users posting reviews have stated that the Armaskins didn’t make their feet warm or hot. All I can say is that my feet did get warmer, sometimes much warmer, than with my usual socks and footwear combination. I typically will wear a single, lightweight and light padded Merino wool sock. Being much warmer wearing a double sock combination with the Armaskin didn’t surprise me, though. I will note that my feet also did become a bit damp from sweat a few times; while the Armaskin may claim to be breathable, that breathability is restricted to the ability of airflow within a shoe. Wearing an outer sock and being in the confines of a shoe means that there must be an overall decrease in the ability of water vapor to escape.

The Armaskins never got ‘funky’ smelling. They washed well, and the washing would ‘renew’ the grippy-ness’ of the socks interior coating. Probably because washing removes body oils, dirt, skin cells, etc. :) Just be sure to carefully follow the manufacturer’s washing instructions. Because of the Camino application, I washed these Armaskin’s by hand in cool water, with just barely enough soap to get them clean. The soap I used is what I used on Camino. The socks wring out fairly well and do not take overly long to dry. To help preserve the materials and longevity in the socks, I would not dry them in the harshness of direct sunlight… that much UV radiation will affect the synthetic materials, as will the high heat of direct radiant energy. If using a dryer, I would air dry as a preference; or at most, the lowest heat setting possible.

End of the day comfort? I always enjoyed removing the socks and letting my feet out of the snugness factor of the Armaskins. While they were on, though, I never had my attention focused on my feet and I never felt that my feet were distressed at all. Even my persnickety Left Foot – who hates me with its entire being – kept quite about the socks. :)

Are Armaskin Socks the best method, or the surest method, for blister prevention? In my assessments, no. Armaskins are potentially just one method, among others, which can be effective. As with everything gear related, there can be some downsides, and they are a bit finicky. I don’t think that should keep potential users from trying them out, though.

If someone:
  • Uses the socks as directed,
  • Takes care of them,
  • Does not put absolute trust in them by ignoring the need to stay focused on potential hotspots and other indications of blistering so they can be dealt with before a blister appears ----
--- the Armaskins can work well.

However:
The same principles which Armaskins use to prevent the shear force friction which causes blistering has existed prior to Armaskins. The materials and techniques to achieve this are cheaper to employ, more flexible and adaptable to unique situations by targeting the specific problem areas on the feet, and are easier to obtain if replacement is necessary.

So, for what it’s worth that is my assessment of Armaskins. It is my hope that this informs the group of another tool for potential blister prevention.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Best advice I got on blisters was from my Uncle who walked the entire AT here in the US. Take your shoes AND socks off every hour. Even if you take them off and put them right back on. Your socks will "bunch up" while you are walking and that will create friction. Walked the entire Camino Frances in 33 days and never got a blister. Have fun!!

@Travelite , greetings

I have slept under the stars in south-east England as it was the only practical solution there. I would survey a location not too far from a road/path and pitch my tent in the 30 minutes before sunset, so as to attract the least attention. And be gone not long after sunrise. On a few occassions my site was under a tree in a churchyard with gravestones close by.

On the day I started from Le Puy-en-Velay I met a chap whom I encountered about once a week for the next six weeks: I understood he slept under the stars in France.

I have heard it asserted that freedom camping is not permitted in Spain.

As I do not speak or understand Spanish I would not know, when freedom camping there, the merits of points being made by locals and what to do about them.

Kia kaha (take care, be strong, get going)

is it at all possible to sleep under the stars rather than in rooms? That would be my preference.

Do you mean in the grounds of the albergues? Shouldn’t be a problem if the hospitalero sanctions it.

Or do you mean between the villages and towns? Most of the land is privately owned, so you will need to ask the landowner’s permission.

Check the ground carefully before putting your sleeping bag down, as most “private” places have been used as a toilet.

End of September? Take a warm sleeping bag . . . and a poncho to cover you in case it starts raining.

Don’t expect to see the Milky Way (or any stars for that matter).

Be careful near farmyards at night - the guard dogs are let off their chains . . .

Have fun!
Jill

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Out in the Meseta farmland you will certainly see the Milky Way, the sky is spangled with stars!
Most small towns have a "plantillo," a little picnic grove or community pasture. Pilgrims often camp in plantillos... you just have to clean up after yourself, and be very careful with standing crops and fires.

About sleeping under the stars. Yes it is possible, in fact it is easy. On my seven caminos I have slept outside about a quarter of the time. (My last Primitivo 100% outside).

You will read here on the forum about legality and how it is frowned upon to sleep outside, This is rubbish. Almost all locals (In France and Spain) will recognise you as a pilgrim, they know you will be moving on in the morning, and will be very happy to help you out.

Some basic guidelines (Without a tent)

NEVER light a fire, Spain in summer is especially prone to fires, locals will not tolerate you doing this.
NEVER leave anything behind but your footprints
NEVER sleep outside in a city. Small towns and villages are great. (Especially if you buy a meal from the local bar)
If sleeping in the countryside it is best to sleep just before the next village than after it. You get to walk in to a coffee and a toilet. (If you do do toilet outside bury the waste, carry out the toilet roil to dispose in a bin)
Church porches are always good
A lot (more than most people think) of albergues will let you sleep outside and let you use the facilities, join in with the communal meal, even if you sleep in a field up the road. Expect to be charged a price or give a generous donation.
You will need a good (cold weather) sleeping bag and rollmat. It gets very cold on the meseta at night for instance!

The most amazing thing? Even better than the fresh air, no snoring, and surrounded by nature? You will meet pilgrims who do the same, some who have never stayed in an albergue once. Doggy and donkey owners. Poor people who have no choice, pilgrims with PTSD who can't cope with crowds etc. People like me.

Please feel free to PM me for further info

Buen Camino
Davey

Oh of course, by not limiting yourself to inside accomodation you are now free to walk into the late evening or do a night walk across the meseta to escape the heat.

Two things:
1.You are good for what you train for. If you wish to avoid blisters train to do so by walking distance under load. if you still get a blister follow the care and ongoing preventative measure others have suggested.
2. I am ex-military and we have a saying - Train hard, fight easy. See point 1.

Temperatures range from 11 degrees O/N to 23 during the day Sept-Oct. Apart from rain sleeping out should be great.

Frank

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You can definitely sleep under the stars, the trick is finding a place to do it that isn't private land. Shouldn't be too hard, but you might struggle near the cities. I wasn't looking out for them, but I did see a couple of pilgrim huts along the Way. You could camp in or outside those.

Re the blisters, do not under any circumstances wet your feet and then keep walking! That was the only time I got a blister in all six weeks! Even if you think you've dried them well, you've softened your feet up ridiculously, so even the slightest rub will blister. I made sure my feet were clean and very dry in the mornings then rubbed them in vaseline before putting my socks on.

Plus all the usual stuff about breaking in your shoes, making sure your socks are the right size etc. If you're especially prone to blisters, chances are you're probably going to get them at some point. It's the dealing with them that differs. Personally, I prefer the leeching method: take a needle and thread, put it through the blister and leave the thread hanging from the 2 holes (in and out) by about an inch either side before you go to bed. The liquid drains out overnight and basically leaves a callous in place. Don't take that off, leave the skin patch on as it will protect the sensitive area.

Hope this helps!

Buen Camino!

Marchioness.
Thanks for all round suggestions. Much appreciated.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Also South Africans starting on 19 Sept in SJPD for our first Camino. When will you start?
19 Sept is my starting date too. Hope to see you guys on the Camino!

You don't need boots. Wear in a good high quality pair of trail runners and use a lubricant rubbed all over your feet each morning. As noted also, when you feel a hot spot, stop and deal with it. Moleskin is great to cover hot spots, and I found a package bought in Spain (in Burgos in fact) was a little thicker than what i purchased in Canada before I left on the CF earlier this summer.

I see you are solo on spiritual pilgrimage. My brother from SA will arrive early am at CDG on 18th and I’ll arrive from Canada just a little after. We start walking 19 Sept from SJPD but only to Orison. For me it will also be a spiritual journey as well as reconnecting with my brother. May you find many blessings and light on your journey. Maybe our paths will cross.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Just made two first booking for the start of our Camino one SJPDP and Roncesvalles and wow prices are all levels but the base is starting for two around 120euro (175 Cdn) for two beds and some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.