A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Split Frances and Porto

Marie_pri

Camino(s) past & future
2018 Camino Frances
did anyone start the Frances then split it with Porto? For example, start at sjpdp Then hop off that rout and either bus or train to Porto and finish from there? At what point did you leave one to go to the other? Did you use train or bus to get to porto.

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
Although I have not done exactly that, anything is possible. I guess my first question to you would be why do you want to do that? That would help you decide when to leave the Frances. www.rome2rio.com will help you find transport options.
This map from www.gronze. com shows you that you could walk off the Frances Perhaps on the Invierno and take a bus from Lalin or Silleda.You could even take the Via de la Plata from Astorga to Zamora, then walk the camino from Zamora to Verin, and finally take a bus to Porto from Verin - or just take the bus from Zamora.
But whether you would do any of these options or not most likely depends on WHY you don't want to finish the Frances.
Another option you might like to consider would be to walk the Frances to Santiago and then turn left and head for Porto following the blue arrows.

1581307042313.png

RJM

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
A few times
Although I have not done exactly that, anything is possible. I guess my first question to you would be why do you want to do that? That would help you decide when to leave the Frances. www.rome2rio.com will help you find transport options.
This map from www.gronze. com shows you that you could walk off the Frances Perhaps on the Invierno and take a bus from Lalin or Silleda.You could even take the Via de la Plata from Astorga to Zamora, then walk the camino from Zamora to Verin, and finally take a bus to Porto from Verin - or just take the bus from Zamora.
But whether you would do any of these options or not most likely depends on WHY you don't want to finish the Frances.
Another option you might like to consider would be to walk the Frances to Santiago and then turn left and head for Porto following the blue arrows.

View attachment 69501
What difference does it make why the OP wants to do that? lol 😆

RRat

Camino(s) past & future
Planning 2017
did anyone start the Frances then split it with Porto? For example, start at sjpdp Then hop off that rout and either bus or train to Porto and finish from there? At what point did you leave one to go to the other? Did you use train or bus to get to porto.
A little trick I learned to use when I knew where I wanted to go but didn't know where to start. Use the travel apps or transportation schedules backward. In your case, start in Porto and research destinations. You will find logical routes.

Marie_pri

Camino(s) past & future
2018 Camino Frances

View attachment 69501
Planing my second Camino, I did not enjoy the walk in the las 100ks on my last walk. I want to avoid that again and I also want to experience the porto coastal. I looked into the options and think this is the route I want, just trying to figure out the best place and way to hope off and transport myself there.

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
Now we know her reason for leaving is to avoid the last hundred from Sarria it rules out a few possibilities - like walking all the way to Santiago and going backwards to Porto....and probably turning off at Astorga too.
Why not just catch a bus from Sarria to Porto? Or possibly take the Invierno from Ponferrada to Lalín or Silleda and then bus to Porto from either of those hubs?

Marie_pri

Camino(s) past & future
2018 Camino Frances
Last year we repeated the portion of the Frances from Logrono to Leon. Then trained from Leon to Santiago Spent the night then bused to Porto. Walked from Porto to Santiago spent a couple of days then onto Muxia.
How long did the train take?

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Jiseung Roh Camino Portugues - Coastal Route from Porto 8

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 378 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock