A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Splitting up Portomarín to Palas de Rei

amgoich

Camino(s) past & future
Going to do the Sarria to Santiago in November (2019).
Hi, I will do the last lag of the Camino Frances from Sarria to Santiago in November 2019.

Can I split the walking day from Portomarín to Palas into two days, and where will I find a place to sleep in the middle?

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 67185

Hi, amgoich, and a Warm Welcome to the Forum.

These might be of help.

Stefystar

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances from sarria 2015
Via Francigena Aquapendente to Rome 2016
Camino Portuguese from TuI 2016
Hi, I will do the last lag of the Camino Frances from Sarria to Santiago in November 2019.

Can I split the walking day from Portomarine to Palas into two days, and where will I find a place to sleep in the middle?

Thanks!
Hi,
I remember when I did it in sept 2015 I stopped at Ventas De Naron, a very small hamlet, with a very very old chapel.
There were 2 albergue but not sure if they would be opened in November.🤔

Herm

Camino(s) past & future
None-will be first one.Want to do 100-150 km Camino in late November, 2019

Can I split the walking day from Portomarine to Palas into two days, and where will I find a place to sleep in the middle?

Thanks!
Thanks for the question. I was wondering the same thing! May see you somewhere in November😁

owms2323

Credential question
Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Frances (2014) Camino Frances (2016) Camino Finisterre/Muxia (2017)

Thanks!
We stayed in Eirexe. Very sweet hospitaleria

Bala

Veteran member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances: SJPdP-Burgos, (2015); Burgos-Sarria (2018); Sarria-Santiago (2018).
Frances (2020)
I stayed in Ventas de Naron, at Hostel Cruceiro. Nice place, really good hospitaleras, sisters, I think. Nice bar and restaurant. Their website says they are open all year except for January and February. Made for an easy walk to Palais dei Rei the next day.

Maxy

Maxy
Camino(s) past & future
Norte 2018 cycle
Split the journey by taking 2 nights in Portomarin and taxying back - managed to walk through Ligonde on first day and then with such a short day from drop off point to Palas de Rei took in the detour to Vilar de Donas. We asked at Opcion if one of the 'guardians' would be there and had an exceptional tour by a 91 year old. I have a medical concern and this fitted our plans. Buen Camino!

BPG2017

Camino(s) past & future
September 2017
I stayed at Pension Labrador in Hospital, just before Ventas de Narón. I remember it as a pleasant, pretty place. (September 2017)

swweyman

Camino(s) past & future
Completed First Saint Jean Pied de Port to Santiago Camino in May 2018

Can I split the walking day from Portomarín to Palas into two days, and where will I find a place to sleep in the middle?

Thanks!
I also suggest since you will have the time to take a 2 km detour each way and visit the Vilar de Donas church en route about 7 kms before Palas de Rei. The altar frescoes should be completely restored by now and it is well worth the side trip. You will see the sign.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock