• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sports bra recommendations?

Joyisstrength

Time of past OR future Camino
April-May 2019
Hey Camino ladies!

I'm having trouble finding a bra that's quick drying and has plenty of support. I would really like merino wool as some percentage of the fabric for the stink free properties, but do they support well enough?

What have you taken and what would you suggest??

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There is an existing thread on this. If you go to "search" , and type in sports bras (search title only), a thread by novembermoon will come up.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Dillard's has a "store brand" bra called Modern Movement. It's a regular everyday underwire t-shirt bra that wicks moisture and dries quickly. I decided to try it as opposed to a standard sports bra because I don't want "the girls" smooshed and it's only $38. I've worn it for several walks between 5-8 miles lately and I recommend it.

I barely fill A-Cups so sports bras are overkill for me and I don't think they'd (sports bras) dry as fast as my basic nylon bras. I had no problem drying them overnight hanging on the line at alburgues. If you do purchase a sports bra or two do a trial hand wash of both the sports bra and your regular bras and see which type dries overnight better (or you'll have to hang them off your pack to dry in the morning!!!). This also goes for sock and undie decisions.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am still in the pre-Camino stage, but for hiking, bicycling, and travel I use Patagonia's "Barely There" bra (and panties). It is very light weight and dries very quickly. Although it is very thin, it offers good support, and it hand-washes very easily.

Hey Camino ladies!

I'm having trouble finding a bra that's quick drying and has plenty of support.

I discovered Glamourise no-bounce sports bras and took two on my camino. They dried fast, provided very firm support and came in large sizes. Check Amazon or ebay for low prices on these sports bras. I went with the black with hot pink trim just like in the picture. But they also have white and nude colors. I really like them. Some of their other models not so much. I wear a 44F so I am experienced in bras that offer no support. These are very firm and don't stretch out with use. 111 grams. (Oh, by the way, that is not me in the picture) :eek:

81Tfkz9JrFL._UX466_.jpg

I discovered Glamourise no-bounce sports bras and took two on my camino. They dried fast, provided very firm support and came in large sizes. Check Amazon or ebay for low prices on these sports bras.
Thank you so much L Squared! That's awesome advice!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.