• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spur of the moment!

Cicada

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances St Jean -Santiago April -June 2017
We've made a spur of the moment decision to walk from Porto on the central route in the first week of October. Anyone walking at the moment? How busy is it and how is accommodation holding up?
Many thanks

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We've made a spur of the moment decision to walk from Porto on the central route in the first week of October. Anyone walking at the moment? How busy is it and how is accommodation holding up?
Many thanks
We're not walking at the moment but a few of us start this weekend from Porto. Hope to meet you on the trail.

I’m just nearing the end now, so far no problems with the municipal albergues. I’ve been trying to arrive within 2-3 hours of their opening time. Even if they have been at capacity, I hear that they do their best to fit you in, as was the case of the Albergue in Labruge.

I booked ahead a couple of times just because I knew I would arrive late and most likely unable to make it to the next accommodation. However I am on a tight budget having quit my job so if you keep an emergency fund then you should be able to find a room. It has been a wonderful experience for me, I hope you enjoy it!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Many thanks
I’m in Redondela tonight where the two Caminos come together and it’s full (I admit I’m booking 2 days ahead), but the earlier post about the municipals not filling is spot on, because those beds can’t be reserved.

No problem until Ponteverde , then the bed rush was on. Quite a few people on the Portuguese Camino from Tui or Vigo. Nice to meet lots more, but beds are getting scarce.
Enjoy

Many thanks
We are south of Tui and accommodations are somewhat scarce and have been limited at times unless you can “upgrade” to a casa rural or hotel option. Lots of folks walking right now.

Also - unless you like walking next to speeding cars - skip the first two days on the the Central out of Porto and start at Barcelos/Barcelinhos.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
grade” to a casa rural or hotel option. Lots of folks walking right now.

Also - unless you like walking next to speeding cars - skip the first two days on the the Central out of Porto and start at Barcelos/Barcelinhos.
Many thanks everyone you've all been a great help

one tip if it's getting crowded after Tui is to consider doing the spiritual variant.. I did this in June and as soon as I turned left when everyone else was turning right I was back in heaven 😁 no crowds, and a beautiful walk. Highly recommended. The onl thing you might want to do is need to check boat schedules from vilanova de arousa.. If you look on my profile and go back through previous posts you'll find lots of info.. would search myself for a link but going to bed.. 6 am flight to Madrid and then camino san salvador

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back