• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

St Antoine after Auvillar: shop closed

AJGuillaume

Pèlerin du monde
Time of past OR future Camino
Via Gebennensis (2018)
Via Podiensis (2018)
Voie Nive Bidassoa (2018)
Camino Del Norte (2018)
If like me you relied on MMDD information about the shop La Coquille in St Antoine after Auvillar to get your lunch, a word of caution. The shop has been closed (I believe the owners went bankrupt).
Just before getting to the centre of the village, there's a road on your left, and a local woman has set up a caravan where she sells drinks and sandwiches.
Otherwise you have to continue to Flamarens to get something to eat.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I would say, the rule of thumb on the Le Puy route is to always plan to self-cater your lunch. And on top of that, to anticipate resupply closures by always carrying two (or even three) days' worth of lunch foodstuffs. It might even become dinner one night. Coming across a restaurant or cafe timely for the mid-day meal happened to me exactly three times on the entire route. And the picnicked suppers actually outnumber the cafe-lunches. #hungrypilgrim

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I don't recall ever buying lunch on this route. Each morning I would buy a demi-baguette and some cheese or ham, and some fruit, from the boulangerie/epicerie in the town or village I'd spent the night, fill my Thermos with hot water and a little milk on top of a teabag, et voila - lunch, to be eaten wherever the fancy took me.

(Or, more realistically, wherever I could find somewhere to sit down - church porches a favourite when raining.)

Anyone who has walked the CF should be prepared for the almost total absence of coffee stops/food shops and facilities in general between towns on this route. Which, I think, adds greatly to its charm. That and the scenery, of course.

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back