• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

St Jacques... La Mecque

Is St Jacques... La Mecque any good?

• Yes!

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Jul-Aug 05, Frances, Jul-Aug 06, Portugues, Oct 2010
Has anyone seen this film? It was recommended to me when I was on the Camino this summer, but my French wasn't up to understanding completely what the guy was talking about - and the website for the film is also in French.

I was wondering if anyone had it, and if it was available on DVD with English (or Spanish or Italian) subtitles? And if so, is it worth getting myself a copy?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
st jacques la mecque

Hi

When I was on the Camino some ideas of plots for films came into my head; one was someone who loved doing the Camino died and left his inheritence to the misanthrope of the family but in order to get this he had to walk the Camino spinkling the ashes from cocao tin with a hole in it on the way! Obvioulsy the man comes back a changed person after all his adventures and encounters, Another idea was a parallel story between medieval pilgrims and modern day, about love I suppose. I was telling a fellow pilgrim about this and they told me about the above film that has already been made. Ivar told me the title. Tried to get it from FNAC in France but it seems unavailable? I was wondering how to see it? Do I wait for it to be one day released?

Thanks for bringing it up as I have been trying to get it.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
St James the Mecca

Hi

Just bought it today in Calais for €20. It is only in French language though.

Hope my A level and working French is up to it?

There may be subtitles but the French are pretty xenophobic when it comes to recognising other languages!

No disrespect intented but most world cinema gets dubbed into French.
To be fair I have puchased it in France so one would expect it to be in French!

cheers

It is a wonderful movie, much funnier than "The Way". It is in French without subtitles. To make it worse, when the four siblings start to explain why they can't possibly do the trip, thet speed up the dialog.

Still worth watching even if you don't understand a word of it.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Just looked at Amazon and there is a French version with English subtitles available for $49 U.S. Only one available though.

I went on Amazon and bought the one copy available. I love the film! The English subtitles do not in any way interfere with my enjoyment of the movie. I actually prefer it to "The Way," (which I also own), and am happily sharing it with family and friends, as I prepare for my April Camino.

Re: St James the Mecca

rioja routard said:
Hi

Just bought it today in Calais for €20. It is only in French language though.

Hope my A level and working French is up to it?

There may be subtitles but the French are pretty xenophobic when it comes to recognising other languages!

No disrespect intented but most world cinema gets dubbed into French.
To be fair I have puchased it in France so one would expect it to be in French!

cheers

I have the same advice about this film !
If you have any problem to understand may be I can help you

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.