• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

St Jean Pied de Port, Parking.

Farrussell

Time of past OR future Camino
Good morning Pilgrims, my wife and I are starting our very first camino on Monday 13th Sept. We are planning on driving from the U.K. to St Jean, we were wondering if anybody knew of any local residents who have an off-road parking space for 35days (obviously willing to pay). All help would be appreciated. Regards Rod & Fiona

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Farrussell,
Welcome to the Forum!
In the past some pilgrims have arranged parking at the SJPdP camping ground.
Camping Municipal Plaza Berri
7 Avenue du Fronton,
64220 Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port
05 59 37 11 19 tele.

Happy planning and Buen camino to you and your wife.

Camping Municipal Plaza Berri | En Pays Basque

Situé à 200m du centre historique de Saint Jean Pied de Port et proche de tous commerces, le camping municipal Plaza Berri s'étend sur les bords de la Nive ...
www.saintjeanpieddeport-paysbasque-tourisme.com
www.saintjeanpieddeport-paysbasque-tourisme.com

You could try the (former) camping l’Arradoy. Reported to be circa € 1,60 per day. Joseph Iribarne, tel. (0033) (0)5 59 37 11 75

Or the Renault garage on Route de Bayonne, Uhart Cize (next to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port), tel. (0033) (0)5 59 37 00 57. Reported to be circa €32 per week. Not open 24/7.

Not from personal experience.

@mspaths recommendation is good.

there are also listings on ‘Via Michelin’

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We used the municipal camping the night before my departure on çamino, but didn't park as OH drove home next day. Small and quiet. I'd just check that they are open up until your return date.

You could try the (former) camping l’Arradoy. Reported to be circa € 1,60 per day. Joseph Iribarne, tel. (0033) (0)5 59 37 11 75

Or the Renault garage on Route de Bayonne, Uhart Cize (next to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port), tel. (0033) (0)5 59 37 00 57. Reported to be circa €32 per week. Not open 24/7.

Not from personal experience.

@mspaths recommendation is good.

there are also listings on ‘Via Michelin’
I also parked at former camping L'Arradoy for the same price. Everything was ok.

Good morning Pilgrims, my wife and I are starting our very first camino on Monday 13th Sept. We are planning on driving from the U.K. to St Jean, we were wondering if anybody knew of any local residents who have an off-road parking space for 35days (obviously willing to pay). All help would be appreciated. Regards Rod & Fiona
Hi did you manage to sort anything out as we have the same problem and need about 55 days, would love to know how you did?

Most read last week in this forum

I have been incredibly inspired by so many stories of loss, pain, diagnosis, or other stories that tug at my heart strings, but one pilgrim, since lost in the threads here, was an 83 year old man...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back