• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

st.jean pied de port

bernhugo

I find the french rail booking system baffling. How can I pre-book a ticket from Bayonne to SJPDP and have the tickets sent to my computer. How far in advance of the date of travel can I book. Can anyone help me please?
Or is it just easier to buy a ticket at Bayonne station? .
bernhugo.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
bernhugo
someone here may be able to explain the French railway booking system. But not me.
However I thought is worth commenting that the two times I've taken the little train to SJPdP from Bayonne - once in season and once outside it - there was no need to book in advance as it was not even half full.
Others may agree or describe different experiences.

You can reserve your ticket and pay for it through the http://www.sncf.fr website for TGV trains. At the end you will have the option to print your ticket at the station at a self-service kiosk, or have it mailed to you. The Print at Home option is not available for this ticket.

http://www.tgv.com/index/othercountries

This link may disappear after a few minutes or hours, but give it a try:

http://www.raileurope.com/us/point_to_p ... 2&noLock=1

11:51AM
Bayonne
1:09PM
St Jean Pied De P
1hr18min
TER TER 67301
from $13
Select
3:05PM
Bayonne
4:23PM
St Jean Pied De P
1hr18min
TER TER 67335
from $13
Select
6:10PM
Bayonne
7:36PM
St Jean Pied De P
1hr26min
TER TER 67317
from $13
Select

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
In 7 years of reading about the Camino and starting my 3rd on Tuesday, I have never come across the need to purchase this in advance. Is there a special "peak time" you are going?

Yeah, just get your ticket when you get there. No worries. Getting to Bayonne is much trickier, imho. :wink:

Thank you all for your advice. I guess that it would pay me to buy the ticket at the station,but I was a bit worried as I am going on a Sunday and it would be the last train that day to SJPDP.
bernhugo

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am going on a Sunday and it would be the last train that day to SJPDP.
Then you go the next day! :D

Don't be completely surprised if things happen differently from plans or imagination. Many pilgrims discover serenity in not demanding that everything in life be controlled or happen according to a watch. If you are a day late out of Bayonne, it won't matter to you a month later.

Have fun, and buen camino.

Thanks for your thoughts. I cannot be a pilgrim/walker as I have a blocked artery in my left leg and it seizes up after a few hundred yards. I have read about SJPDP and have seen the film "The Way".
I was in SDC last year and talked to some peregrinos in a cafe. I was amazed that you all come from so far away to do this tremendous achievement.Anyway I just thought that I would have a look at SJPDP,and take some photos , incorporated into a holiday in Northern Spain. Sorry that I can't join you on the walk, but if anyone sees an Englishman pointing a camera at them on the Camino in late September, please give me a wave.
Good luck to all of you and BuenCamino. bernhugo

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back