• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

St. Jean to Irun

Michael Riter

Time of past OR future Camino
2016 St. Jean to Burgos
My wife and I have walked the French, Norte, Ingles and from Santiago to Finesterra and Muxia. We're interested in walking from St. Jean to Irun and on to San Sebastian May-June. Understand there are two routes, the "high" route through the Pyrenees and the "low" route through the foothills, however, I cannot find any detailed information on the "low" option. Can someone please direct me to the resources I need to determine milages, availability of accommodations, possible baggage transfer options and any other info you can offer to help us decide whether this is a route we would like to take? Thanks very much in advance.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Michael,
Welcome to the Forum.
For personal/non commercial use I have abstracted and translated into English sections from the French site Liason Roncesvalles-Irun which describes walking in Spain from Roncesvalles to Irun using both local trails and in part the east-west Spanish GR11 trail.

If you would like a copy in English please send me a PM stating your email address.

Happy planning and Buen camino to you and your wife.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The Dutch Association of St. Jacob has a dedicated page on this subject. Google Chrome can translate it to English for you.

My wife and I have walked the French, Norte, Ingles and from Santiago to Finesterra and Muxia. We're interested in walking from St. Jean to Irun and on to San Sebastian May-June. Understand there are two routes, the "high" route through the Pyrenees and the "low" route through the foothills, however, I cannot find any detailed information on the "low" option. Can someone please direct me to the resources I need to determine milages, availability of accommodations, possible baggage transfer options and any other info you can offer to help us decide whether this is a route we would like to take? Thanks very much in advance.
There is a way from SJPP to Irun you can see here

Michael,
Welcome to the Forum.
For personal/non commercial use I have abstracted and translated into English sections from the French site Liason Roncesvalles-Irun which describes walking in Spain from Roncesvalles to Irun using both local trails and in part the east-west Spanish GR11 trail.

If you would like a copy in English please send me a PM stating your email address.

I would be interested in the information as well but don't know how to PM you?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Put your curser over her name, a box highlighting her info should pop up. Click ‘start conversation’.

Michael,
Welcome to the Forum.

Would love to get your info on re:walking to Irun from Roncesvalles. Also not sure how to PM you on the forum? Thank you

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back